Ideas for RECENT LOCATIONS

Features wanted...
CompSystems

Ideas for RECENT LOCATIONS

Post by CompSystems »

Ideas for RECENT LOCATIONS (icon submenues)

I think that a list of recent locations explored in several options, gives it greater utility power

1: Please adhere, clear history

2: option to view history for days
(TODAY, YESTERDAY, ...)

3:Organize by units (C:, D:, E, ....)

Thanks

SkyFrontier

Re: Ideas for RECENT LOCATIONS

Post by SkyFrontier »

hello, compSys.

Yesterday I made some (re)code as gettokenindex() has now a 'count' parameter, which I emulated years ago with creativity (=several hours of enduring tenacity), in an attempt to summarize three or four other concept in ways of creating a single place which ideally had:

-a simple interface combining submenus and live filtering, added with captions instead of full paths (but full paths being filter-able) and (user defined, sometimes this is useful) icons (those features are spread by currently offered xy scripting capabilities, mutually excludent);

-Special places (which break one of my concepts for this, the published xyRecents;

-Most Accessed Locations/Items (files or folders);

-'drives' button;

-a 'smart traveller' feature, which tries to Guess Users Intention (thanks, PeterH, just in time! :biggrin: ) by suggesting immediate up and down neighbors of the current location (concept present on dynaBushes feature of my XYplorer mod).

One day...
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...