HoverBox™

Features wanted...
admin
Site Admin

Re: HoverBox™

Post by admin »

eil wrote:
admin wrote:It is desired. Only a small area should be "hot" for info tips. Else in those views you would get tips popping up all the time.
i find it little not obvious for Large Icons, as others at least have thumbs seen, but this one stays with icons. though have no real complain, i use Large Icons close to none.
I changed my mind on this. Next version will work as expected.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

rclkrtrzckr wrote:
admin wrote::veryconfused: Which is the primary screen, where is the mouse?
Sorry, forgot to mark it. The left screen is the primary screen.
Thanks. Still don't understand what's going on. I'll think about a way to debug this...

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Have you thought about trimming the unused black background to the right of the HoverBox? I understand if it's there because of longer file names but for it to show for shorter filenames and smaller images is odd. This is for images that are in portrait orientation.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the reminder, will do. :tup:

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi Don, HoverBox is now displaying when I hover the actual thumbnail instead of the filename. Was that a intended change in the last couple of Betas? I'd rather have HoverBox display only on the file name as it was before. Annoying because you get the HoverBox just prior to a MDBU which ends up like a flickering, but in any case it can be annoying. HoverBox no longer works on the filename itself. In detail or list view ,it still works properly on the icon.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

klownboy wrote:Hi Don, HoverBox is now displaying when I hover the actual thumbnail instead of the filename. Was that a intended change in the last couple of Betas? I'd rather have HoverBox display only on the file name as it was before. Annoying because you get the HoverBox just prior to a MDBU which ends up like a flickering, but in any case it can be annoying. HoverBox no longer works on the filename itself. In detail or list view ,it still works properly on the icon.
Yes, that was intended. See viewtopic.php?p=147066#p147066

I set my "Initial delay in milliseconds" to 800, that largely avoids conflicts between HB and MDBU.

Marco

Post by Marco »

Looks nice!
My suggestion: the background color could match the one set for fullscreen preview.
And a bug I noticed: if you hover on a thumbnail (waiting for HB to appear) that is partly clipped (because of the Info Panel), then the HB won't disappear once the mouse pointer is outside of the List.
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

admin wrote:Yes, that was intended. See viewtopic.php?p=147066#p147066
I set my "Initial delay in milliseconds" to 800, that largely avoids conflicts between HB and MDBU.
I saw that post, but it was referring to Large icons not thumbnails. I set the delay to 800 and it's alright, but honestly I still think for thumbnail views where your primary "big thing" is MDBU, the HoverBox should have been kept on the filename or icon if one is present so that it wouldn't be inadvertently popping up as much even with the larger delay.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

klownboy wrote:
admin wrote:Yes, that was intended. See viewtopic.php?p=147066#p147066
I saw that post, but it was referring to Large icons not thumbnails. I set the delay to 800 and it's alright, but honestly I still think for thumbnail views where your primary "big thing" is MDBU, the HoverBox should have been kept on the filename or icon if one is present so that it wouldn't be inadvertently popping up as much even with the larger delay.
I'm unsure about this. Maybe I was too fast. I will reduce it to Large Icons only. Let's see how it goes down.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Marco wrote:Looks nice!
My suggestion: the background color could match the one set for fullscreen preview.
And a bug I noticed: if you hover on a thumbnail (waiting for HB to appear) that is partly clipped (because of the Info Panel), then the HB won't disappear once the mouse pointer is outside of the List.
It's an idea (I tried white and it looks real nice, like Polaroids) , but for now I keep the hard color.

Yes, bug confirmed. Fixing...

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

admin wrote:I'm unsure about this. Maybe I was too fast. I will reduce it to Large Icons only. Let's see how it goes down.
I think it's much better now back as you originally had it configured. Much less unintentional pop-ups of the HoverBox. I would think that the only issue with this would be someone who has no caption or icons displayed in their thumbnail view. Otherwise, it's quite easy to remember to hover on the filename versus the thumbnail itself if you want to see HoverBoxes and stay over the thumbnails if it's your intention to use MDBU. Thanks. :tup:

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Yeah I would like to make sure that the HoverBox is still kept in thumbnails mode at least if you hover the file names. Basically the thumbnails allow me to have a general look of all the pictures. If I need a closer look, I can just hover the filename without having to click or anything. Now if I then need an even closer look or to simply enjoy the actual image, I would then use the MDBU or just open the file straight-up. Lots of options there :D

autocart

Post by autocart »

autocart wrote:
yusef88 wrote:
admin wrote:So this program probably hooks into the File Info Tips, interesting. So it does not work if you untick "Configuration | File Info Tips | Show file info tips", right?
true it does not work
the program has a (No Install) version
HoverBox is extremely hot&cool! almost horny. :kidding:
Still, from that reply I thought that the HoverBox would be working independently from File Info Tips (admittedly a totally subjective assumtion). Not that it is a big problem but it would be nicer if I could have the HoverBox for images (only) and/but no file info tip for the other files at all. Or did I overlook something?
Just to add on that thought, for anyone who would like to have Hover Box (which seems to be for all files in the config / previewed formats / image files) but not File Info Tips (for the other files):
If in config / file info tips I check "show custom file info tips:" and then manually (!) unchecking all 300 (!) items in the box below one by one - because the gui does not give me other options but doing it manually one by one [EDIT: the context menu would have done the trick, oh well] - and also having all items under "extra fields" to the right unchecked ...

... then ... voila ...
I have Hover Box but no File Info Tips
which is what I wanted. At last!!

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Gosh, just triggered this yesterday (don't know why I had missed trying this before :? ):

:appl:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Really? :shock: This is one of my all time fav features... Welcome to the party! :beer: