Could focus return to main window after file operation popups?

Features wanted...
Jerry

Could focus return to main window after file operation popups?

Post by Jerry »

I am in the List moving down and inspecting file by file, choosing one or more files at a time and deleting them. I always have and want delete confirmation enabled, so I get the popup before each delete is attempted. But when the popup is dismissed, focus is left outside of the XYplorer main window, so as an extra step, I always have to switch focus back to the List before resuming where I left off. I assume this behavior occurs for other operations as well, but in this particular use case, it's unwelcome and seems unnecessary, whether or not it's standard behavior in other apps. So I ask, could focus always return to the XY main window after file operation popups are dismissed?
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Could focus return to main window after file operation popups?

Post by admin »

Hm, this should not happen, of course, and definitely does not happen here. :?

Can anybody reproduce this?

Jerry

Re: Could focus return to main window after file operation popups?

Post by Jerry »

Hmm, just tried it now in both my configuration and /fresh and it's working normally. But it definitely doesn't always do this. I'll put together a /fresh protocol when I can determine the conditions. I suspect it could be happening when there's a long-running backgrounded file operation going on and focus ends up being brought back to the operation's progress dialog, but that's just a guess at this point. I was doing a lot of those yesterday.
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.