Minimize on close

Features wanted...
admin
Site Admin

Minimize on close

Post by admin »

Anybody interested in an "Minimize on close" option?: Using the Window X button to close the program will minimize it. To exit the program, select the File - Exit menu item in the main menu. ...

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

That type of option is something that I've seen in various other programs, but at the moment, I can't think of which ones those are...as long as it is a option that could be set if desired, I can see where it might be usable by some users, though I personally almost always have XY maxed as one task...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Definitely NO.
If you do make it an option, make sure the Alt+F4 & Ctrl+Alt+F4 functions don't get overridden.
The only application I use where it is the correct condition is in a download manager. Yon don't want to accidentally close an application like that in the middle of a download cue.

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

You really mean minimize - same as 3rd button from right, i.e. 2 buttons with same function? No?
Maybe disable it, or change to tray? (Is it called so - the area next to clock.) But not 2 buttons with same function...
(My 2 Pfennige :D )
Peter

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

PeterH wrote:You really mean minimize - same as 3rd button from right, i.e. 2 buttons with same function? No?
Maybe disable it, or change to tray? (Is it called so - the area next to clock.) But not 2 buttons with same function...
(My 2 Pfennige :D )
Peter
Holy cow, you are right: :oops: of course I meant "minimize to tray on close"!

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

If close = minimize XY to tray then YES. else NO.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just to make it clear again: I'm suggesting an option to "Minimize XY to tray when closing the app via the Window X button".

Since it is an option, nobody will be harmed. I just wanted to get some feedback like: "hey, I was waiting for this since years!" :)

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

hey, I never minimized XY for years! (make that ever actually) - so I guess I don't care, still, I felt like I had to give some feedback :P ;)
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

As there is an option "minimize to tray" already, you would add a new option like "minimize to tray on x-close" or so? (x-close is fine, isn't it 8) )
Peter

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

PeterH wrote:As there is an option "minimize to tray" already, you would add a new option like "minimize to tray on x-close" or so? (x-close is fine, isn't it 8) )
Peter
Exactly. Yes, very fine! :)

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

Gandolf wrote:If you do make it an option, make sure the Alt+F4 & Ctrl+Alt+F4 functions don't get overridden.
I'm easy either way - but I do think this is a good idea as well :)
Used to update to the latest beta every day. Now I have children instead…
Windows 10 Pro x64 (everywhere except phone…)

mwb1100

Post by mwb1100 »

admin wrote:Just to make it clear again: I'm suggesting an option to "Minimize XY to tray when closing the app via the Window X button".

Since it is an option, nobody will be harmed. I just wanted to get some feedback like: "hey, I was waiting for this since years!" :)
+1 for this from me. I use this type of 'close' for SysInternal's Process Explorer and I wish Outlook had it. If XY has the option, I'll be using it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Done. 8)