Switches for TrackerV3?

Features wanted...
RalphM

Re: Start parameters for TV3

Post by RalphM »

admin wrote:Patience... users can be slow sometimes... :wink:
... and admins are sometimes just users as well?! :wink:
Naturally your thougths about my suggestions are the most important ones.
admin wrote:BTW, did the network get any faster?
Yep, the network list loads much faster, but it's actually a dead end, because you can't open any network ressources from that list and see the underlying directory structure or ressources like the windows explorer offers?

Tried to insert two screenshots here to show the differences, but couldn't get them displayed, so I might send them as an email to your support mail address instead.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

RalphM wrote:
admin wrote:Patience... users can be slow sometimes... :wink:
... and admins are sometimes just users as well?! :wink:
I've been waiting for some users to step forward first.
My own opinion as a user: I'm not missing anything of what you are wishing. I hardly ever shut TrackerV3 down, so I really don't care so much about start parameters.
RalphM wrote:Yep, the network list loads much faster, but it's actually a dead end, because you can't open any network ressources from that list and see the underlying directory structure or ressources like the windows explorer offers?
AHA! So it changed from before?! WHY doesn't anybody tell me??? :evil: If I can't rely on some user feedback here (beyond "gimme gimme gimme more!"), I'll shut this forum down in no time.

Send me screenshots from before and after, if you can, thanks!

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

admin wrote:Send me screenshots from before and after, if you can, thanks!
I sent you screenshots of Windows Explorer vs TrackerV3, but as I recall, I was never able to open any network ressources in TrackerV3 so far.

The list looks the same as in previous versions, the only thing that changed, is the list displaying much faster.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

RalphM wrote:I was never able to open any network ressources in TrackerV3 so far.
Bad! And surprising. I never heard of this problem before... Can other users open network ressources??
RalphM wrote:The list looks the same as in previous versions, the only thing that changed, is the list displaying much faster.
Good!

Manifold

Post by Manifold »

Never tried, never could. I blew up my network a while back (dismantled the other computer). That was before I found TrackerV3. Sorry.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Manifold wrote:Never tried, never could. I blew up my network a while back (dismantled the other computer). That was before I found TrackerV3. Sorry.
Thanks Manifold, I'm sorry for you.

Still waiting for somebody with a positive message...

peterbonge

Post by peterbonge »

I have the same problem with the nethood. But I think the bug forum is a better place for this problem. I've made a new topic there. I hope this is OK.

http://www.trackerv3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1265
Regards,
Peter Bonge

My System: Windows 11 Pro, 64-bit, German

Chris Wood

Post by Chris Wood »

RalphM wrote:What do other users think of that approach??
I like it. It's definately better than the "two-ini" approach. In fact, if you have a lot of nice parameters, you don't need the /i switch for multiple ini files, do you?
test everything. hold on to the good.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Chris Wood wrote:
RalphM wrote:What do other users think of that approach??
I like it. It's definately better than the "two-ini" approach. In fact, if you have a lot of nice parameters, you don't need the /i switch for multiple ini files, do you?
Have you all seen the new tabbed browsing, and especially the Finding Tabs? They are much more powerful than switches...

Chris Wood

Post by Chris Wood »

Agreed. Personally, I have no need for switches.
test everything. hold on to the good.