History for Search Results List

Features wanted...
Jerry

History for Search Results List

Post by Jerry »

I've been doing a lot of particular and varied searches in XYplorer lately, and realized there is no history function for the Search Results list. (Or is there?) I mostly use search templates but also sprinkle in other searches, Quick and adhoc Find Files.

Now, I do go back and often to my Search Templates popup and sometimes go back in the Quick Search history dropdown list. But if I had done searches with the Find Files settings, I don't see a way to easily go back in history there and have all the tabbed panels set and unset accordingly.

Since the Search Results list has that nice informational bar, how useful it would be to just left click on the FF/QS icon at the far left, and get a drop down history of the searches appearing in that tab, which when selected, take you to the Quick Search or Find Files pane as appropriate. And/or the backward/forward tab history functions could perhaps cycle through that settings history as well.
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

admin
Site Admin

Re: History for Search Results List

Post by admin »

There's no way to keep these data for Find Files, but as for Quick Search: If you do run it through the Address Bar its history is available through the Address Bar's dropdown.

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

admin wrote:There's no way to keep these data for Find Files, but as for Quick Search: If you do run it through the Address Bar its history is available through the Address Bar's dropdown.

Hmm, but a way could be implemented, right? ;-) The QS and AB dropdowns are helpful, but one has to be adept with the syntax to enter more complex criteria. And even being the geek that I am, I prefer to just use the Find Files interface at such times.
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, it could be done, but those italics are so oblique, the letters are lying flat on the ground.

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

admin wrote:Yes, it could be done, but those italics are so oblique, the letters are lying flat on the ground.

Ok, ok. How about this alternative, then: A button or other way in the Find Files pane that would automatically construct the full search syntax string from everything set in the filled out sub-tabs and copy it to the clipboard or pop it into the address bar?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not possible. Quick Search cannot fully emulate Find Files.