Cloud integration (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.)

Features wanted...
cpusrvc

Cloud integration (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.)

Post by cpusrvc »

My apologies if this is already discussed in another thread, but i could not find any.

Are there plans to integrate file browsing for cloud services? Android has the excellent X-plore file manager (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mes.Xplore) that has excellent integration of multiple cloud services (Web Storage), FTP, etc. so the user can use these files as if they are local. Here is a screen shot of their implementation:
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (32.33 KiB) Viewed 3368 times

rclkrtrzckr

Re: Cloud integration (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.)

Post by rclkrtrzckr »

Ooooh, how I would LOVE to see something like this! All the cloud providers I know require software installation - PLUS local disk space. Having it inside XYplorer would enable us to use the cloud without installing anything, as XYplorer is portable

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Big +++ from my side :)

kamprint

Post by kamprint »

I am very much AGAINST CLOUD INTEGRATION, mainly for security reasons. I do not want to give Google et al access to my computer in any way. This merely paves the way for them and the government agencies they work with to violate everyone's privacy, spy on people, search their private information, etc. For those who choose to share their data with these storage services, let them do so by uploading manually. But please don't force everyone to 'synch' or clutter their directories with these unwanted services.

cpusrvc

Post by cpusrvc »

Cloud services would make my work much easier and convenient. These are the reasons I disagree about security:

1. You don't have to use the cloud functionality if you feel at risk
2. You don't have to use it for sensitive data
3. Most data in the cloud, certainly personal files, is of little use to hackers and would be a waste of their time
4. If hacking were a problem for cloud services, anti-hacking techniques can be implemented like banks. Unknown machines / IPs could required separate verification before granting access
5. It would be much easier to move data between cloud services.

cpusrvc

Post by cpusrvc »

With cloud storage becoming more and more common, I'm still hoping for this ... especially if it operates like Android's X-Plore. Acts like local storage, but isn't stored locally. Sometimes, I have to use my Android tablet rather than XYplorer because it makes file management so easy and XY can't do it. :(