Audio properties on collision dialog

Features wanted...
Millzey

Audio properties on collision dialog

Post by Millzey »

I know XYplorer isnt a music manager, but in combination with other apps to manage music it is essential in my routines, and has made my life much more enjoyable and productive as a result. I couldnt imagine even being a user without XYP.

I'm sure once the word is out in audio related forums, recent feature additions such as flac support and custom vorbis tags are going to eventually open the door to a flood of requests concerning music management. So I thought I would go ahead with another one if its feaseable.

I run into collisions moving mp3s into folders with large numbers of files and often run into same filenames, so having and option to show the #mp3/#audio properties show up on the collision dialog would be great. Either all supported ones or just start with the basics needed to determine whether to overwrite/etc such as bitrate, samplerate, stereo mode, length, and artist/title.

highend

Re: Audio properties on collision dialog

Post by highend »

Moved to wishes...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Re: Audio properties on collision dialog

Post by admin »

Millzey wrote: I'm sure once the word is out in audio related forums, recent feature additions such as flac support and custom vorbis tags are going to eventually open the door to a flood of requests concerning music management.
Well, the interesting point is that this never happened. All the audio love I put into XY has never been returned by the audio community, no comparison to the photographers who just love XY. I don't get it. What could be cooler than Quick Audio Preview??? :maf:

Anyway, your wish makes sense. I'll think about it.

UPDATE: Done. 8)