Using toolbar button label feature on iconized tabs

Features wanted...
Millzey

Using toolbar button label feature on iconized tabs

Post by Millzey »

I have found myself using half to a dozen iconized+locked tabs per pane, but to quickly identify the desired one to switch to, they need an icon. Initially I made some mono icons of a single letter of different colors to help me identify.

I prefered this approach to simply renaming a tab as "CL" because depending on the number of tabs, they end up different widths or filling the tab bar to the end, and it throws off where to click that frequent tab you're looking for.

Then I remembered the custom toolbar label feature in place of an icon (label:CL>885577,ffffee). I tried using it when renaming a tab using name|label:CL but it didnt work. Then I tried to get slick and set the label for a custom button, then referenced the internal icon by renaming the tab with "CL|:ctb1". It would only work for the default custom toolbar icon (if no label was set), and if a label was set the tab icon was blank.

A possible solution be to have a setting on the tab scripting function to specify the tab width, but having the ability to set the foreground/background colors by using the label feature would be more than super for added organization

Is this making sense or am I missing an obvious solution?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Using toolbar button label feature on iconized tabs

Post by admin »

No chance, the labels are only supported in the toolbar.

CompSystems

Post by CompSystems »

Can I display the label of each icon on the toolbar of xyplorer? As in the following image

An image says more than a hundred words, but no more than a thousand, but an icon is often many times ambiguous,

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, that's not possible.

CompSystems

Post by CompSystems »

sorry for my bad English

A trick, it might be that the icons on your bottom of the image are written in the name of the label, by means of a flag in the settings (hide or show the label), if it is to hide the bottom of the icon, the Icon is cut

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, there are no plans to change the Toolbar at the moment.