Tab menu doesn't scroll ( can't drag / drop tabs into panes)

Features wanted...
Acecool

Tab menu doesn't scroll ( can't drag / drop tabs into panes)

Post by Acecool »

I noticed this just now; I am trying to move files from an old hard-drive to another hard-drive... But, I can't do so because when I have 2 panes open, the tab-bar doesn't scroll.. I can select the tab but I can not see it... Another reason to have multi-row tab select bar because if I can't select tabs or drag them because they aren't visible then I can't manage files properly...

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tab menu doesn't scroll ( can't drag / drop tabs into pa

Post by admin »

Yes, but this is a wish, not a bug. I'll move the topic to Wishes.

Acecool

Post by Acecool »

Hey, just curious if you looked into the multi-line tab-bar and scrolling ( sideways for those that don't use multiline ) yet? I purchased it but still have issues using it because I can't access tabs so I find myself continually using Windows 10 explorer :-(

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, and it's not really planned.

How come you have so many tabs? You should think about setting one tab as default tab, and about using tabsets.

Acecool

Post by Acecool »

I don't have many tabs, they're just really long in terms of naming... and I don't plan on using an entire monitor for one program / app... I had to give them custom names just to be able to barely fit them, and no new tabs can be opened otherwise they can't be accessed...

If it isn't planned to fix the issue where tabs can't be seen, scrolled to or used... then I'll have to respectfully request a refund as you can't access any tabs defeating the goal of being able to use it as an explorer replacement.

I have a broken neck and back, I can't be swinging my head left and right ( causes nausea, severe headaches, temporary paralysis, loss of conscience bladder control, etc... ) due to a car accident in may 2011 where someone ran a stop sign and hit me...

Edit: I have 13 tabs open which is the absolute minimum for the framework I'm developing. It doesn't include all of the folders and if I go into another folder and return then an extra tab is open because there isn't seamless integration of "re-usable" tabs.. It is possible to flood your tab-bar with tabs that aren't necessary because of this and because there is no way ( without creating your own script ) to view these tabs in the default app, it defeats the purpose of using it...

All of the tabs I have open are locked with custom names.. so instead of C:\AcecoolServers\srcds_acecooldev\garrysmod\gamemodes\acecooldev_framework I use: A... C:\AcecoolServers\srcds_acecooldev\garrysmod\gamemodes\acecooldev_framework\gamemode is A/GM/... C:\AcecoolServers\srcds_acecooldev\garrysmod\gamemodes\acecooldev_framework\framework\extensions is A/f/exts/

So I have shortened the names quite a bit, and even on my left monitor which is 1680 pixels wide, half of that space isn't enough for those tabs that have all been shortened to between 1 character and 9 chars... it takes almost 75% of the width for them to be displayed... So if I were to display just 1 tab at its full path / length, it would take up even more space so just 2 tabs would require a custom script to select a 3rd tab or it'd need to be stretched across all 3 monitors to be considered even remotely usable but then it gets in the way of all of the other utilities / apps that are running...

I use a tool called AutoSizer which repositions, resizes, etc... all of the windows I use so they're always in the same location offset from the center monitor based on times needed in a certain period... For example, the server console window I don't need unless an error pops up so it hugs the left side of the left monitor. The game I don't need unless testing a client-side feature so it hugs the right side of the left monitor. I do need to move through the tabs at a quick space so I had explorer ( or QTTabBar ) hug the left side of the center monitor and the IDE or Notepad++ ( depending on what language I am coding in at the time ) hugs the right side of the center monitor taking up roughly 80% of the center monitor... Misc utils for the ide or notepad++ such as code-snippets that I re-use frequently such as if statements, variable declarations, etc... hugs the left side of the right monitor, both taking up 25-30% of that monitor... Then the rest of the right monitor is for file-content searches in np++, and another misc util ( divided along the horizontal axis ) with search taking up about 80%...

Other things that run are left a little bit of space for easy switching between windows such as chrome, steam chat, etc...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Check out this:
Attachments
CustomTabCaptions.png
CustomTabCaptions.png (34.21 KiB) Viewed 1970 times

Acecool

Post by Acecool »

I've seen that, but it doesn't do anything when there are multiple folders of the same name in different locations... QTTabbar extends this so if there are 2 folders open ( which are in different locations ) then it adds @ XXX to the title to give extra information.

I've already tried shortening the folder names, but the issue is there is no way to know which one is where without clicking on them ( if they can be clicked on )...