Double-clicks within Windows Explorer

Features wanted...
sfwood

Double-clicks within Windows Explorer

Post by sfwood »

The Shell Integration feature 'XYplorer is default file manager' provides desirable behavior in almost all cases. However, when using Windows Explorer, as is occasionally useful, it is inconvenient to have double-clicks on folders in Explorer open the folders in XY rather than update the Explorer window. Would it be possible to provide a setting to control the double-click action within Explorer separately from the system-wide setting? Thanks

highend

Re: Double-clicks within Windows Explorer

Post by highend »

Afaik no scope exists to in- or exclude specific applications after registering a program as default for folders / drives.

Either the default value and XYplorer's values are set (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory / Drive\shell\XYplorer -> All users | HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Directory / Drive\shell\XYplorer -> Current user) or they're not.
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

sfwood

Post by sfwood »

highend wrote:Afaik no scope exists to in- or exclude specific applications after registering a program as default for folders / drives.
OK.. You threw me with that and I had to look into this a little, but confirmed it does work as I described and was sure I remembered in a certain Australian file manager we don't speak of. It doesn't in freebie Explorer++. So, obviously it's possible, but not universal. It may be that it can't be done w/o violating the portability standards Don is committed to. And/or, it may not be a feature that he wants to invest energy in, all of which is his choice. But, there's obviously some way to do it. :)

highend

Post by highend »

It may be that it can't be done w/o violating the portability standards Don is committed to.
I was only speaking of registry entries not of other means to accomplish that. What DO does is installing a special handler that takes care of that behavior. You could write e.g. an AHK script instead that is capable of the same (switching the behavior on / off)... Actually that isn't hard to achieve.
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal