Change toolbar location?

Features wanted...
Megalith

Change toolbar location?

Post by Megalith »

How difficult would it be to implement an option that allows you to move the toolbar to the bottom of the screen?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Change toolbar location?

Post by admin »

Who needs this? (Apart from you probably) :om:

CompSystems

Post by CompSystems »

I wish I could move the toolbar at the vertical ends, to have more vertical space

starstuff

Post by starstuff »

+1 :tup: i wish i could move the address bar and toolbar on the bottom near the windows taskbar so i won't have to drag the mouse on top and i like it that it would be like the run dialog which is at the bottom.

Burningfeetman

Post by Burningfeetman »

CompSystems wrote:I wish I could move the toolbar at the vertical ends, to have more vertical space
This a million times. Button tool bars (such as the Windows Task Bar) all need the ability to be shuffled to the side of the screen, would love to see this feature with XY.

autocart

Post by autocart »

I just had almost the same thought. If the address bar could be placed at the bottom, it might be nice.
Of course, this is totally not really necessary and even if it would actually be considered by you, Don, it would be of very low prio.
Still, I thought for the record I post this thought down before I don't do it. In case you are ever bored... :kidding:
Can't sleep tonight. Good morning. :cup: :om:

sl23

Post by sl23 »

For those of us minimalists that only use a few buttons, having the AddressBar/BreadcrumbBar and the Toolbar on the same line frees up some space and is something I would like. There is a fairly large blank space on the top right of XY that is just wasted space for me.

Btw, I have finally made XY my full time File Manager as CubicExplorer, as well as my text editor, is having problems that will never be fixed now that windows is moving on!

Just like to say thank you to Don for such an amazing app, the transition was actually quite easy for me seeing as I setup ages ago. I was just putting off the inevitable!

autocart

Post by autocart »

sl23 wrote: 26 Oct 2021 22:37... having the AddressBar/BreadcrumbBar and the Toolbar on the same line [...] is something I would like. ...
Regarding AB and TB on the same line, did you try unchecking "Address Bar and Toolbar Stacked" in the main menu "Window", submenu "Arrangement"?
The BreadcrumbBar, however, is a different beast, I am afraid.

sl23

Post by sl23 »

That is perfect, but... I don't use the Address Bar as the Breadcrumb Bar is just so much better for me. Thank you for the tip though :tup: