Display items ahead when scrolling up/down the list

Features wanted...
SkyFrontier

Re: Display items ahead when scrolling up/down the list

Post by SkyFrontier »

SammaySarkar wrote::tup: Another nice addition - was missing this behavior. (in fact, I think I/someone might have wished for something like this earlier)
Probably me (too). I asked for this also in a contribution with a notepad-like app, few years ago, as well as in a personal info manager. Much missed feature...

EDIT: I discussed this in the implementation of "Miscellaneous | Focus Functions | Move Focused Item Into View", too.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

autocart

Post by autocart »

SammaySarkar wrote:But, why not put this scroll margin setting in Controls and More | Miscellaneous?

I don't think Menu, Mouse, Safety is a fitting residence for this.
Also, you added a brandnew Useability header - it's a pretty generic name, and I can think of more than a handful options that can be better moved here.
definitely +1
did not want to mention this on my own, but I agree 100000%.

Besides, I found a scenario where it does not work (yet? bug?):
1) copy file (e.g. ctrl+c)
2) Edit / Paste Special / Paste Here As...
If the given name is not sorted into the currently visible part of the list, then it is is scrolled into view (as the most top or bottom icon) but ignoring the setting for scroll margin.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think it's okay as it it. And, contrary to you, I can look into the future. :)

OK, thanks. I'll wait if more of such glitches come up.