Encryption for files and folders inside XYplorer

Features wanted...
manmeetbhangu

Encryption for files and folders inside XYplorer

Post by manmeetbhangu »

Hi

There are a number of encryption software to encrypt specific folders, files or entire drives. Such as Vera Crypt. I would like to have the encryption functionality inside XYPlorer so that I do not have to install 2 programs, encrypt and then copy using XYPlorer. I do not know if it makes sense but just a thought.

highend

Re: Encryption for files and folders inside XYplorer

Post by highend »

So Don should write his own implementation of programs like TrueCrypt / Veracrypt so that you don't need to install those programs separately?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

manmeetbhangu

Post by manmeetbhangu »

highend wrote:So Don should write his own implementation of programs like TrueCrypt / Veracrypt so that you don't need to install those programs separately?
That would be a huge project in itself :)

giuliastar

Post by giuliastar »

manmeetbhangu wrote:Hi

There are a number of encryption software to encrypt specific folders, files or entire drives. Such as Vera Crypt. I would like to have the encryption functionality inside XYPlorer so that I do not have to install 2 programs, encrypt and then copy using XYPlorer. I do not know if it makes sense but just a thought.
+1
would be amazing
veracrypt is a great software with containers and partitions but have the possibility to encrypt file directly from xyplorer would be amazing
maybe xyplorer can add an header at the beginning of the files , so could find even the encrypted files very easy

i have asked last year
thanks

highend

Post by highend »

There are already multiple file encryption apps that add a context menu to encrypt files in <any file manager>
For what reason should the wheel be reinvented?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

giuliastar

Post by giuliastar »

highend wrote:There are already multiple file encryption apps that add a context menu to encrypt files in <any file manager>
For what reason should the wheel be reinvented?
hi
to make xyplorer the best file mananger ever made
cheers :tup:

jupe

Post by jupe »

giuliastar wrote:to make xyplorer the best file mananger ever made
It already is!

Personally I just use WinRAR for the times I need encryption, its secure enough for me and always installed anyway.