CKS: New macros/functions wish list

Features wanted...
jacky
XYwiki Master

CKS: New macros/functions wish list

Post by jacky »

Oki doki, so as CKS are coming we all know we'll be able to not only set CKS to any existing menu, but a few other commands as well. Like the scriptable hotkeys which will obviously be pretty awesome! :D

But we've also all seen the Misc category, where a few commands can be added, and so as Don suggested let's make a list for all commands/macros that aren't there yet but we would like to see added.

I'll start, with having a "Set Focus To List" command.
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

Is there already a button combo that takes you to the AB?
Used to update to the latest beta every day. Now I have children instead…
Windows 10 Pro x64 (everywhere except phone…)

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

lukescammell wrote:Is there already a button combo that takes you to the AB?
Don't use it so I won't say for sure, but my guess would be no, I think there's only the "Cycle Focus", which cycle through Tree, List & AB
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

OK, in that case I want one for the AB :) I miss the F4 from WE/IE :(

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The focus things are done. :) More wishes anybody?

surrender

Post by surrender »

Something for infopanel tabs? (ctrl+1 to 6)

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

Ability to set a key combo to a specific tab - perhaps this would be under the right click tab option?

Hitting the combo once would focus the tab, hitting it again would take you back to the place you were previously.

jgpaiva

Post by jgpaiva »

It might sound like a weird request, but i'd like to have 'esc' move from address bar to list (or to the place where the focus came from, if possible) when address bar is focused.

This comes from opera: I use F8 to focus address bar, and when i want to return to the main window, i press esc.

PS: notice that i don't want to remove the 'stop' operation binding for esc, i just want to change the binding for that context.

PS2: no big deal if it isn't implemented, i just mentioned it to be implemented in the case it was easy.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jgpaiva wrote:It might sound like a weird request, but i'd like to have 'esc' move from address bar to list (or to the place where the focus came from, if possible) when address bar is focused.

This comes from opera: I use F8 to focus address bar, and when i want to return to the main window, i press esc.

PS: notice that i don't want to remove the 'stop' operation binding for esc, i just want to change the binding for that context.

PS2: no big deal if it isn't implemented, i just mentioned it to be implemented in the case it was easy.
Well, that's a little too much for now. I did not implement user-customizable key overloading (a key's function depends on context) in order to keep it as simple as possible.

There's a "focus list" function under Misc.

jgpaiva

Post by jgpaiva »

admin wrote: There's a "focus list" function under Misc.
Yes, i think i'll find myself a good shortcut for that and it'll solve my problem :)

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

Allright, so I have a few more that I'd like to see added, and that's pretty much all features available on the custom right-drag&drop menu!

You actually put a few of them on the File menu for this purpose I believe, but I'd like to access them all, namely all the ones relating to Move (and not Copy), and that include Move Here to New Subfolder !

Actually, with Move, that last one is the only one that would make sense if we use the same thing, ie. don't get a window to select the destination. And if you don't want to create a new thing for this, which I understand, then I'd suggest:
- Add Move/Copy Here to New Subfolder to CKS (cause I do use that one (Move), yes even on the current folder)
- Maybe add into the upcoming enhanced M/C/B To interface a way to get access to those, kind of. That would mean:
> like Batch Rename, along with <d> for Date Now, add support of <m> for Date Modified (one folder for multiple items? Use info of selected one)
> have a button that would popup some (editable, through LM) presets. I know about MRU, but it's really not the same to have an MRU, and a list of chosen presets we might not used as often but want to remember/have easilly stored when needed.

And to keep things coming in, that's already something I thought of before so I might have mentionned it before as well, but some kind of presets would also be good for some rename features, like (but not limited to) RegExp Rename for example.
Note: for presets, it would also be cool if they'd have a "name", so one chose them for their names, not having to decode the mask/regexp/etc to know which is what...
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

agnul

Post by agnul »

Soooooo... while I'm trying to recover from the untimely demise of "alt-d" to focus the address bar (left hand still trying to forget about that ;)) and since the address bar seems to have some keyboard processing of it's own... can I have ctrl-backspace do a "backwards delete word"? :D

Also, any chance to have "enter" in the address bar to move focus to the list (possibly as an option) ? :D

And what about including that wonderful cheat sheet in the app distribution?

Ok, I'm back to lurking mode ;)
I love deadlines. I especially love the swooshing sounds they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

CKS your Alt+D yourself. :)

Ctrl-backspace do a "backwards delete word": this is a funny thing -> it only works when auto-complete path/file names in address bar is on. I still have to understand what's the problem when it does not work.
agnul wrote:Also, any chance to have "enter" in the address bar to move focus to the list (possibly as an option) ? :D
No. :)
agnul wrote:And what about including that wonderful cheat sheet in the app distribution?
You mean the PDF? I don't have a legal way to produce PDFs (Adobe products are simply too expensive), so I cannot distribute it officially. If you can re-generate it legally and "donate" that version to me, fine!

agnul

Post by agnul »

AFAIK OpenOffice can save to PDF, and that document looks simple enough to reproduce in OO. Just let me see if I have an OO installation around...
I love deadlines. I especially love the swooshing sounds they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)

jgpaiva

Post by jgpaiva »

You definitelly should know about http://www.primopdf.com/
It creates a virtual printer, that prints to PDF. So, as long as the editor you use can print something, you can create a PDF out of it.