CKS: New macros/functions wish list

Features wanted...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jgpaiva wrote:You definitelly should know about http://www.primopdf.com/
It creates a virtual printer, that prints to PDF. So, as long as the editor you use can print something, you can create a PDF out of it.
Sure? I tried some of those virtual printers and all they did was create a JPG in a PDF-wrapper. :( Fonts lose their vector-nature, etc...

jgpaiva

Post by jgpaiva »

admin wrote:
jgpaiva wrote:You definitelly should know about http://www.primopdf.com/
It creates a virtual printer, that prints to PDF. So, as long as the editor you use can print something, you can create a PDF out of it.
Sure? I tried some of those virtual printers and all they did was create a JPG in a PDF-wrapper. :( Fonts lose their vector-nature, etc...
Oh, right, i hadn't thought of that. Yes, probably that's what those do. I can't confirm that because i don't have primoPDF installed right now, though.

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

I found this on search:

http://www.tinyempire.com/shortnotes/files/doc2pdf.htm

and for me it worked.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

I've been using primoPDF for a couple of years now, and it seems to create what appears to be a real PDF...maybe I'm wrong, but as I can do a Find text within Adobe Reader while viewing it, and it finds the text, and AR doc properties shows various fonts that match...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:I've been using primoPDF for a couple of years now, and it seems to create what appears to be a real PDF...maybe I'm wrong, but as I can do a Find text within Adobe Reader while viewing it, and it finds the text, and AR doc properties shows various fonts that match...
Sounds cool, I'll try it! :)

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

:oops: that method i linked seems to have the same quality as primopdf. Just checked both methods and at 1600% zoom fonts look good. So primopdf should be fine i guess.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

serendipity wrote::oops: that method i linked seems to have the same quality as primopdf. Just checked both methods and at 1600% zoom fonts look good. So primopdf should be fine i guess.
primoPDF is great!!! :D Just uploaded a new cheat sheet. The graphics looks a bit paler than before, but should print out okay.

Thanks everybody!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

agnul wrote:Soooooo... while I'm trying to recover from the untimely demise of "alt-d" to focus the address bar (left hand still trying to forget about that ;))
CKS / Miscellaneous / Focus Address Bar Ctrl+Alt+A
add Alt+D here

agnul

Post by agnul »

admin wrote:CKS / Miscellaneous / Focus Address Bar Ctrl+Alt+A
add Alt+D here
Yeah, done that. And then reverted. And now I'm thinking of adding it again. Alt+D is nice because it's consistent with IExplorer, Firefox, Explorer... OTOH it beeps, but then again my pc is muted 99% of the time.

Oh man, life's hard! :mrgreen:

Hey, have I already mentioned that I love that pdf cheat sheet? Thinking of taping it somewhere around here...
I love deadlines. I especially love the swooshing sounds they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

You know what, just in case let me bump this, cause I still believe in everything I said ;) and that idea of "presets"/"favorites"/whatever you call it still sounds nice to my hears :)
jacky wrote:Allright, so I have a few more that I'd like to see added, and that's pretty much all features available on the custom right-drag&drop menu!

You actually put a few of them on the File menu for this purpose I believe, but I'd like to access them all, namely all the ones relating to Move (and not Copy), and that include Move Here to New Subfolder !

Actually, with Move, that last one is the only one that would make sense if we use the same thing, ie. don't get a window to select the destination. And if you don't want to create a new thing for this, which I understand, then I'd suggest:
- Add Move/Copy Here to New Subfolder to CKS (cause I do use that one (Move), yes even on the current folder)
- Maybe add into the upcoming enhanced M/C/B To interface a way to get access to those, kind of. That would mean:
> like Batch Rename, along with <d> for Date Now, add support of <m> for Date Modified (one folder for multiple items? Use info of selected one)
> have a button that would popup some (editable, through LM) presets. I know about MRU, but it's really not the same to have an MRU, and a list of chosen presets we might not used as often but want to remember/have easilly stored when needed.

And to keep things coming in, that's already something I thought of before so I might have mentionned it before as well, but some kind of presets would also be good for some rename features, like (but not limited to) RegExp Rename for example.
Note: for presets, it would also be cool if they'd have a "name", so one chose them for their names, not having to decode the mask/regexp/etc to know which is what...
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

agnul

Post by agnul »

I was thinking about assigning ctrl-pgUp and ctrl-pgDn to move between tabs, but xy says "this shortcut is not customizable" (alt-pgUp and alt-pgDn work tough). Did I miss something?
I love deadlines. I especially love the swooshing sounds they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

agnul wrote:I was thinking about assigning ctrl-pgUp and ctrl-pgDn to move between tabs, but xy says "this shortcut is not customizable" (alt-pgUp and alt-pgDn work tough). Did I miss something?
These are standard navigation keys in Windows controls. I reserved them to avoid countless potential conflicts.