CEA - Custom Event Actions

Features wanted...
highend

Re: CEA - Custom Event Actions

Post by highend »

An event if a view mode changes would be nice and ofc it needs to report back at least the new view. While the old view would be interesting as well to implement fast view mode toggling.

If you could add a script command that would allow us to create folder view settings on demand by replicating the GUI part (see picture)...

Then it would be possible what Windows Explorer does: Save changed view states for individual folders while they happen.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22551
1.png
1.png (10.86 KiB) Viewed 3330 times
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

highend

Post by highend »

Imho all changing locations events should be dropped if the current active tab is closed. The tab that is now shown did already receive the event when it was created in the first place.
If you think that the current behavior is still the correct way to handle this please provide a tweak to stop that.

Please use a load "test.xys"; for "after painting the file list" as the script
and let this script contain seltab 1;
Watch what happens if you now enter a folder...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

eil

Post by eil »

can we please get Double Right Click as CEA action, at least for files and folders?(or possibly all appropriate)
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Double Right Click looks like trouble. Sorry, but I won't open this box.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

admin wrote: 06 Apr 2021 11:13 Double Right Click looks like trouble. Sorry, but I won't open this box.
From experience with that using AHK, double right click mods can be troublesome to normal right click assignments.

How about extended holds on normal left click or right? They're quite easy to do get accustom to and from experience with highend's UMC program do not interfere with normal left or right clicking.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

CEA (in its UI epiphany) is too young for radical moves. Let it arrive in the streets first...

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

admin wrote: 06 Apr 2021 15:56 CEA (in its UI epiphany) is too young for radical moves. Let it arrive in the streets first...
Sounds good. I'll mention it again a year from now after CEAs have been kicked around the street some more. In the meantime there are plenty of CEA options available.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

eil

Post by eil »

too bad but i understand. it's just the only available for clicking on files/folders action - is middle click, and most laptops don't have it, that's what brought me to wish for some other way.
Klownboy's long press proposition is good too, so will same wait for time to come for it.

mazot

Post by mazot »

Try Win 10 Settings->Devices->Touchpad-> scroll down to Three-finger gestures or Four-finger ->Taps -> down arrow.
at bottom of list "Middle mouse button". When selected a tap on touchpad, with three or four fingers, will generate middle click.
If you are using middle click on line numbers or folder etc. be aware you still have to place cursor at required area for it to work.
I found this out when I wanted to use on tablet, no luck as there is no cursor.

eil

Post by eil »

@mazot thanks for hint, but i don't go over WIn7, and it doesn't seem to have such options.

mazot

Post by mazot »

I did have an alternative for such a case. I had been using for a number of years.
Clavier+
https://gryder.org/software/clavier-plus/?lang=en
Here is image of first setup and additional middle mouse button for XYplorer.
Image 000.png
Image 000.png (65.34 KiB) Viewed 3039 times
You could also use Autohotkey but i am unable to help you there.
P.S. ini files can be any name as long as in program folder.
P.P.S. this doesn't seem to be mentioned in the help.

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

admin wrote: 07 Dec 2020 16:15
VeeGee wrote: 07 Dec 2020 16:12 Good morning,
Now that CAE is really taking off with new options and features, I'll ask again - for reference viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21590&p=180807#p180807.

Is it possible to add CAE support/mappings for the tilt wheel (left and right) ? Not sure if you are able to capture those events or not.
Tilt wheel currently not. But in principle it should be possible, would need some research...
Good afternoon,
Any news, information or update on support the mouse tilt wheel (left and right) ? Not sure about others, but I use the tilt wheel of mouse so many times in different apps (navigation, etc.) and games (strafe, movements, etc.). I have to setup a 3rd party app for apps that don't support it (like XY) but at least it works, so that's a plus. I know a lot of apps mention not having access to those buttons without special software, e.g. Logitech stuff, so I wasn't sure if you could get access directly through APIs, etc.

Thank you for revisiting this !

EDIT : X-Mouse Button Control (https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMo ... ontrol.htm) is the 3rd party app I am using for apps that don't directly support tilt.

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Good morning,
With all the recent changes with the mouse wheel, is it possible to revisit the tilt wheel suggestions, options, etc. that I mentioned above ?

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Hi Don !
If you have a moment, could you let us know if the tilt wheel can be made accessible ? I am still using XMouseButton to add some shortcuts to XY, but would be nice if it was mappable without the need for another utility.

Here is an example of my mappings for XY, which are :
Middle Button : HotList
Tilt Left : Tablist
Tilt Right : Breadcrumb
Image-001.png
Image-001.png (40.59 KiB) Viewed 1443 times
What's nice is I can quickly access a ton of folder options for both panes by just moving my mouse into the pane and clicking whatever direction I need.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Currently not on my list. Still trying to keep it simple. :biggrin: