Would be nice, but should be a low priority
29%
I don't want this feature ever - don't turn TrackerV3 into bloatware
43%

Total votes: 7

Chris Wood

Folder thumbnails

Post by Chris Wood »

I submitted this before, (and mentioned it recently) but I couldn't find the thread. Just wondering if it's on your to-do list - it's the one thing I care about that Explorer does and XYplorer doesn't, the one thing that keeps me using Explorer:

Folder thumbnails - ie. folder icons contain up to four thumbnails of the thumbnails inside them, or a single thumbnail of any file in the folder named "folder.*" (where * is an image extension, especially png, jpg, jpeg, gif and bmp). The latter would be an improvement over Explorer (which only does jpg, gif and bmp).
test everything. hold on to the good.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

I'm not going to "vote" because my choice falls in between two of your choices...and I had to do some research to see exactly what this feature was...for any who aren't familiar with it, see an example at http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_tips.asp
There's also two good examples of the four-up folder thumbs at http://www.connectedhomemag.com/HomeOff ... leID=48018

It also seems from these sites that "albumartsmall.*" handling would be needed...

And...since it's a XP thing, while I'm on W2K (or W98SE), it has zero value to me...thus I'd vote somewhere between "low priority" and "Never", as I can see the benefit to you XP'ers but there are MANY more things that would benefit ALL of us that, I think, should be done first and that are in the pipeline already, ok? Just my $.02!

P.S. Since I have my XY (and WE) in "details" view mode 99% of time, even existing thumbnail features are only used on occasion...when I'm looking for a photo, I fire up Picasa as I find it's ability to group pix using labels quite handy....
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Chris Wood

Post by Chris Wood »

It's a Vista thing too. I use folder thumbnails wherever possible, it makes browsing collections of things (eg. music, games, movies) much prettier and easier.
test everything. hold on to the good.

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

It should be added, it's a matter of when though...
Used to update to the latest beta every day. Now I have children instead…
Windows 10 Pro x64 (everywhere except phone…)