admin
Site Admin

Re: Support for Portable Devices

Post by admin »

Restart XY?

grindax

Post by grindax »

Last edited by grindax on 27 Jan 2016 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

admin wrote:
SammaySarkar wrote:when copying-to fails because the PD does not have sufficient free space, deleting files there to regain required space and retrying the copy op
still fails due to insufficient space, until the device is reconnected.
Windows reports wrong free space (does not update) to XY.
I was going to say the Free Space info is refreshed correctly, but you must've done something to improve this meanwhile, because this problem seems to have vanished now. :D :beer:
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok. Must have been the other me. :beer:

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

SammaySarkar wrote:2) Trying to delete multiple items by keyboard shortcut does nothing. Works from ctx menu (but that's handled by shell).
TheQwerty wrote:
Help wrote:This does not work:[...]
· Backgrounded file operations.
Do you have delete set to occur in the background?
This seems be solved too. I deleted multiple files in one go even with delete set to occur in BG. :appl:
[ this user is asleep ]

amir786_z

Post by amir786_z »

Hi there guys i am new user of this cool explorer. Yesterday i was trying to copy files from my note 3 but XYplorer was giving me errors that device is busy? And also i was not able to see my video files. XYplorer doesnt support portable devices? Does it support external hdd?

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

1. Bug?

Create Missing Thumbnails crashes XY 15.20.0300 reproducibly ("XY funktioniert nicht mehr") on a Lumia 830 over here.
Observed with 128x128 and 192x192 and roughly 650MB of image files. When using an hard disc image of those files, the crash does not occurr.

2. How can I make XY remember to always show the list in Details view mode for a portable device?
Each time I switch the "default" Large Tiles to Details, it is remembered for a "certain" time (seems that's bound to the XY session), but when replugging the phone some days later the list is guaranteed to show Large Tiles again. Well, that's sort of annoying.

Anyway, summer - time for some hiking! :tup: :D

Cheers,
FH
Last edited by Filehero on 05 Jun 2015 07:44, edited 1 time in total.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

amir786_z wrote:Hi there guys i am new user of this cool explorer. Yesterday i was trying to copy files from my note 3 but XYplorer was giving me errors that device is busy?
I usually get device busy messages when another file operation is already running.
And also i was not able to see my video files.
See how? the files didn't get listed at all, or their thumbnails didn't show up? If the latter, probably a device-based quirk.
Does it support external hdd?
Yes.
[ this user is asleep ]

amir786_z

Post by amir786_z »

SammaySarkar wrote:
amir786_z wrote:Hi there guys i am new user of this cool explorer. Yesterday i was trying to copy files from my note 3 but XYplorer was giving me errors that device is busy?
I usually get device busy messages when another file operation is already running.
And also i was not able to see my video files.
See how? the files didn't get listed at all, or their thumbnails didn't show up? If the latter, probably a device-based quirk.
Does it support external hdd?
Yes.
When I connect my note 3 and access it with XYplorer the thumbnails does not show up. When I try to view the video file nothing happens and when i try to copy it it says busy.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Okay, I'll hazard a guess: when you try to open a video file, it's actually being copied to a temporary location in you PC, and then it will be played from that location. When you try to copy in the meantime, since there's already a copy job going on, you get the busy message.
[ this user is asleep ]

amir786_z

Post by amir786_z »

SammaySarkar wrote:Okay, I'll hazard a guess: when you try to open a video file, it's actually being copied to a temporary location in you PC, and then it will be played from that location. When you try to copy in the meantime, since there's already a copy job going on, you get the busy message.
thanks..

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

@amir: so it works as expected now?

@Don: hey, can I hide the "deep purple" pd header?
[ this user is asleep ]

zer0

Post by zer0 »

I am not sure if this was brought up anywhere before, but it would be nice for XY to icon-match Explorer when it comes to PDAs. Here is an example of a discrepancy with an iPad connected:

Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I ask Windows for the icons and that's what I get. Can't do any better. (My icons here are all correct, BTW.)

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Bump - both symptoms have just been occurred again with 15.50.0005
Filehero wrote:1. Bug?

Create Missing Thumbnails crashes XY 15.20.0300 reproducibly ("XY funktioniert nicht mehr") on a Lumia 830 over here.
Observed with 128x128 and 192x192 and roughly 650MB of image files. When using an hard disc image of those files, the crash does not occurr.

2. How can I make XY remember to always show the list in Details view mode for a portable device?
Each time I switch the "default" Large Tiles to Details, it is remembered for a "certain" time (seems that's bound to the XY session), but when replugging the phone some days later the list is guaranteed to show Large Tiles again. Well, that's sort of annoying.

Anyway, summer - time for some hiking! :tup: :D

Cheers,
FH