Support for Portable Devices

Features wanted...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Support for Portable Devices

Post by admin »

grindax wrote:
grindax wrote:is unlocking the device (entering its PIN) supposed to show the files automatically now in XY or not? I see no difference in v14.80.0230. I still had to hit F5 after unlocking.
After unlocking the device I get the following, but no automatic refresh of the list by XY:

Code: Select all

HandleShellNotifyEx 1000: SHCNE_UPDATEDIR
  Path1: 
  File1: Nexus 4
  Path2: 
  File2: 
Next beta...

grindax

Post by grindax »

Last edited by grindax on 27 Jan 2016 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I should remove that Locked Tree feature... :roll:

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

admin wrote:Rename On Slow Double-Click crashes anything???
Don, all fine now (*).

Read you next Wednesday. :mrgreen:
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Cheers,
Filehero

One of my last steps during rebuilding my environment was to check Rename On Double-Click, right whereafter unplugging the phone created the first crash after roughly 90 minutes. Lucky me, I couldn't ever repro it after the very next XY restart.
But shockingly, after that tedious session I did read a sort of a reference that you might have changed something with regard to Rename On Double-Click which has fixed the problem in the version you've made available soon after - and I was just some 90 minutes too fast.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

grindax wrote:
admin wrote:
grindax wrote:
grindax wrote:is unlocking the device (entering its PIN) supposed to show the files automatically now in XY or not? I see no difference in v14.80.0230. I still had to hit F5 after unlocking.
After unlocking the device I get the following, but no automatic refresh of the list by XY:

Code: Select all

HandleShellNotifyEx 1000: SHCNE_UPDATEDIR
  Path1: 
  File1: Nexus 4
  Path2: 
  File2: 
Next beta...
With v14.80.234 the unlocking of the device now refreshes the list automatically. But when this happens the focus/highlight in the Locked Maxi Tree moves to 'Computer'.
This is a locked mini tree? Which location are you at before the unlocking?

grindax

Post by grindax »

Last edited by grindax on 27 Jan 2016 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, I cannot repro this here (lacking devices with unlock function). One day I'll get one.

grindax

Post by grindax »

Last edited by grindax on 27 Jan 2016 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Now that you say it... :) ... wait a minute...

OK, got it + fixed.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

admin wrote:Now that you say it... :) ... wait a minute...
Image Image

I did a lot of copy-froms this week (basic file backup, photographs), all worked flawlessly. In particular, the browsing performance is top-notch for me. :tup:

I'd say: ready for prime-time!

FH
Last edited by Filehero on 14 Feb 2015 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great! :biggrin: :tup:

I'll upload the beta now, then it's back to beer... :beer:

grindax

Post by grindax »

Last edited by grindax on 27 Jan 2016 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

grindax wrote:However, the other Locked Tree bug from recently is back again.
-----
Guardian of the Locked Tree
Confirmed - and I can add another trigger flavor to it.
It also happens when I insert a CD into the drive, but not upon ejection. Hehe.

FH

Mesh

Post by Mesh »

Okay, I finally had the chance to test XY with a portable device. I used 14.80.0226. I ran into some issues, and although this isn't strictly the latest beta, I didn't see anything in the change logs that seemed to cover what I ran across:

1. Deleting a file on the phone doesn't work for me. No error message, but the file simply remains.

2. Trying to copy a file to the phone results in "The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name."
Sometimes, it crashes right after this. You can test this by creating a text file "This is a test file name which tests only length without punctuation.txt"

3. Minor UI issue/question: "Portable Device: ..." is showing in a list banner. How can I disable this?

If these issues are already addressed in the latest beta, just let me know and I'll give it a try.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mesh wrote:Okay, I finally had the chance to test XY with a portable device. I used 14.80.0226. I ran into some issues, and although this isn't strictly the latest beta, I didn't see anything in the change logs that seemed to cover what I ran across:

1. Deleting a file on the phone doesn't work for me. No error message, but the file simply remains.

2. Trying to copy a file to the phone results in "The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name."
Sometimes, it crashes right after this. You can test this by creating a text file "This is a test file name which tests only length without punctuation.txt"

3. Minor UI issue/question: "Portable Device: ..." is showing in a list banner. How can I disable this?

If these issues are already addressed in the latest beta, just let me know and I'll give it a try.
1. Yes, it appears that some devices behave like read-only. No error message available. I can repro the same behavior here with Explorer.

2. Hmm, I don't see this here.

3. Cannot be disabled. It's an important warning: PD handling in Windows is not bug free so you should know that you are moving on thinner ice than usual.