mouse-down blow up enhancment

Features wanted...
Display

Re: mouse-down blow up enhancment

Post by Display »

Something I've just noticed happening on directories with thousands of images;
If I put the view into large thumbs (240x240 +), XYplorer starts generating the remaining off-screen thumbnails in the background.
During this operation, middle-clicking an existing on-screen thumbnail results in the image file opening in a new tab instead of MDBU.

XYplorer needs to completely finish generating all thumbs for the entire directory before it will allow middle-click on thumbs to respond with MDBU.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

MDBU does not work while thumbs are being created, that's by design.
But opening a new tab (via Configuration | General | Menus, Mouse, Safety | Mouse | Middle-click goes to file in new tab) should not happen under these circumstances either, next version will handle that. (No mention in change log.)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

klownboy wrote: 06 Sep 2019 12:50 Don, since you're hard at work on Middle mouse click, how about doing middle click some real justice and power and give it the same CEA click on white space options as you have for right click?

Code: Select all

; Tweak: 0=Favs, 1=Favs Full, 2=Drives, 3=Drives+Special, 4=Tabs, 5=FavFiles, 6=Script
CEA_TreeMiddleClickOnWhite=6
CEA_TreeMiddleClickOnWhite_Script=Load "<xyscripts>\User_White_ Space_Script.xys"
; Tweak: 0=Edit menu, 1=Folder's shell menu, 2=Favorites, 3=reserved, 4=Tabs, 5=FavFiles, 6=Script
CEA_ListMiddleClickOnWhite=6
CEA_ListMiddleClickOnWhite_Script=Load "<xyscripts>User_White_ Space_Script.xys"
I checked that but it's complicated. Certain things are historically associated with the right-click in Windows (e.g. show context menu) that aren't with the middle-click. I'd rather not load the middle-click with custom functionality. I know there is already CEA_ListMiddleClickOnFile, but that's enough for now.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

OK Don, CEA_ListMiddleClickOnFile is a nice tweak, but it only has limited options. Would it be possible to expand the options on that existing middle click a bit to include an option 6 like the right click to specify a script to load on middle click.

; Tweak: 0=Default, 1=OpenInNewTab, 2=FloatingPreview, 3=FullScreenPreview,  6=Script
CEA_ListMiddleClickOnFile=6
CEA_ListMiddleClickOnFile_Script=load "<xyscripts>\Our_Middle_Click_Script.xys"
Also, independent of the above, I noticed this existing middle click action performs the action on the selected file only. If one middle clicks on a different file name, the action is still performed on the "selected" file. Would it be possible to change that behavior such that it acts on the file name middle clicked not necessarily the selected file? The user ends up having to select the file first and then middle click which seems unnecessary. Thanks.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

jaywalker32

Post by jaywalker32 »

When panning an image preview with MDBU, can the taskbar flicker be removed? It can get very annoying when you're going over a lot of images.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jaywalker32 wrote: 08 Sep 2019 11:52 When panning an image preview with MDBU, can the taskbar flicker be removed? It can get very annoying when you're going over a lot of images.
This is the best I could achieve so far. But Windows can auto-hide the taskbar (via Taskbar > Properties ...). Then it's far better.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

klownboy wrote: 07 Sep 2019 16:09 OK Don, CEA_ListMiddleClickOnFile is a nice tweak, but it only has limited options. Would it be possible to expand the options on that existing middle click a bit to include an option 6 like the right click to specify a script to load on middle click.

; Tweak: 0=Default, 1=OpenInNewTab, 2=FloatingPreview, 3=FullScreenPreview,  6=Script
CEA_ListMiddleClickOnFile=6
CEA_ListMiddleClickOnFile_Script=load "<xyscripts>\Our_Middle_Click_Script.xys"
Also, independent of the above, I noticed this existing middle click action performs the action on the selected file only. If one middle clicks on a different file name, the action is still performed on the "selected" file. Would it be possible to change that behavior such that it acts on the file name middle clicked not necessarily the selected file? The user ends up having to select the file first and then middle click which seems unnecessary. Thanks.
1) Added
2) Fixed
3) :beer:

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Looking good and working great. With these changes I'll be using my assigned middle mouse button (which is actually one of my side thumb buttons) much more often. Thanks Don. :beer: :tup:
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440