Hide titlebar and menu

Features wanted...
shadi.lahham

Hide titlebar and menu

Post by shadi.lahham »

I wish to hide the title bar of the application (completely like chrome does).
I also wish to hide the main menu.

The windows buttons (minimize, maximise and close) can go on the right side of the toolbar for example.

I know this is not possible and will not be planned for future versions of XYplorer, but I wish for it anyway

binocular222

Re: Hide titlebar and menu

Post by binocular222 »

Hide menu: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12
Hide Titlebar: the only way is to move it off-screen
(it's my current setup)
I'm a casual coder using AHK language. All of my xys scripts:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 243#p82488

stanmarsh

Post by stanmarsh »

you can also use to

Hide menu: Alt+Up Arrow key

binocular222

Post by binocular222 »

@stanmarsh: Recently, Don changed the default keyboard shortcut from Alt+Up to Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12.
So, with most recent versions, you have to use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

My menu bar appears and disappears with just "alt", but maybe that was a tweak...there are so many I've lost track. Alt-up also works or still works here as well. There was a wish a while back for hiding the title bar but it was not implemented though it would be nice in a thumbnail viewing mode.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

"My menu bar appears and disappears with just "alt"" — Yeah, that's a tweak: HideMainMenuToggleByAlt.

back to OT, AHK can be used to hide the titlebar, but then you won't be able to move the window, or maximaize/minimize it without using keybrd shortcuts.

Code: Select all

#SingleInstance force
#MaxMem 1
WinSet, Style, ^0xC00000, ahk_class ThunderRT6FormDC
ExitApp
This AHK script toggles the titlebar on/off. If I used this often, I'd set a F12 shortcut to run this script.
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

binocular222

Post by binocular222 »

AHK can't. The titlebar will re-create itself on tab switch. I doubt that DOn will have time to fix this

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Sammay or binocular222 or any XY/AHK heavy, I've used that ahk command before to hide the title bar and it works fines as an ahk script or as part of a larger ahk key assignment script, but have you ever had any success in being able to use the XY's undocumented sendkeys to invoke the AHK script within an XY script? As you said binocular22, XY does recreate the title bar on a tab switch and the interesting or problematic thing is, XY adds the height of the title bar to the existing window which drives it off the screen. The trick is to have ahk "unhide" the screen first and not let XY do it first so the total window is not changed. So, possibly I'd have the XY script that I use to set XY conditions back to my "normal" configuration/layout check to see if the title bar is hidden and if it is unhide it. I'd only invoke the title bar hide to view thumbnails in a script or in one particular tab and unhide it before going elsewhere (easier said than done).

Say for example, I have Numpad7 assigned in an AHK script to perform the title bar hide/unhide, I can use XY's SC run or open in an XY script to invoke the AHK script command, but haven't been able to use sendkeys.

$Numpad7::          
If ( HWND := WinExist("ahk_class ThunderRT6FormDC") )
{
	IfWinActive, ahk_id %HWND%
	{
	WinSet, Style, ^0xC00000, ahk_class ThunderRT6FormDC
     ;ExitApp
	 return
	 }
 }
Thanks,
Ken

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

binocular222 wrote:AHK can't. The titlebar will re-create itself on tab switch. I doubt that Don will have time to fix this
But here it doesn't!
@Ken, I don't think numpad keys are supported. I had similar need, couldn't find a solution then. But who knows... :ninja:
[ this user is asleep ]

shadi.lahham

Post by shadi.lahham »

Good to know that at least there are hacks to do this.

Still, not having the min, max, close buttons is a shame.

I wonder why more applications don't use the chrome style for tabs and no title and menu.
The only app that I know of that uses them is Clover

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

SammaySarkar wrote:But here it doesn't!
That's strange or should I say different from mine and evidently binocular222's, any tab change on my computer will cause XY to redraw to add the Title bar and as I said above it adds the height of the bar to the existing window size which is an issue unless you use ahk to unhide the title bar window first. I wonder if there's a setting that affects this somehow that's making your system act differently??

I did get sendkeys to work using an "F" key, but the more I thought about it for use in a script, it make more sense to simply invoke ahk script directlywith something like this...

run "D:\Tools\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey.exe" "D:\Tools\AutoHotkey\AHK scripts\ahk_03.ahk", , 0,0;
You can also set up a User command to use a numpad key with the above one line script assigned to it and it works fine.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

klownboy wrote:
SammaySarkar wrote:That's strange or should I say different from mine and evidently binocular222's, any tab change on my computer will cause XY to redraw to add the Title bar
I thought b222 meant alt-tab. Tabbing inside XY does make the titlebar reappear... :(
[ this user is asleep ]

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Take a close look at this pic...you can achieve some very strange results experimenting with AHK and "winset" and "winget". :naughty:
WinSet_Cap.PNG
WinSet_Cap.PNG (76.73 KiB) Viewed 4958 times
Yes, that's the right side of XY and no, when I started I didn't have the nav panel on the right either. :) XY for lefties (or is it righties)!

Norn

Post by Norn »

:whistle:
Win10, Win11 @100% 2560x1440 22H2

binocular222

Post by binocular222 »

Oh, just discovered that XY no longer re-draw titlebar :appl: :appl: :appl: