neil9090

Tag List Management

Post by neil9090 »

I would like the ability to rename tags via the Tag List under List Management
i.e.
select the tag item,
click a rename button,
this action would case the tags in memory to to adjusted.. from x to y

What also would be nice is auto saving of the tags data on change (setting?) so that if the same installation is used on multiple devices XY would be monitoring the tags.dat and auto reload from the saved tags.dat file (setting?).

Also add menu options
Recent Tags 1:
Recent Tags 2:
Recent Tags 10:
Where Add Last Tag is very useful, but when mass tagging its not always the last one.

Ability to adjust the tagged items filenames in bulk that start with X:\ to be Y:\ or even X:\ to \\myserver\..

Having great fun with Tags as its an excellent new feature.
Thanks Don. :appl:

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tag List Management

Post by admin »

1. "Tag List" is just a sort of non-automatic MRU list of tags with the intention to make tagging easier. It is NOT a list of all currently used tags in tag.dat.

2. - 4. Could be done, but I'm currently busy with other things.
It's excellent but not new. :) See http://www.xyplorer.com/release_9.90.htm#v0000

neil9090

Post by neil9090 »

admin wrote:1. "Tag List" is just a sort of non-automatic MRU list of tags with the intention to make tagging easier. It is NOT a list of all currently used tags in tag.dat.

2. - 4. Could be done, but I'm currently busy with other things.
It's excellent but not new. :) See http://www.xyplorer.com/release_9.90.htm#v0000
Wish I had found your application before, thus its new to me, wow 2011.

If the "Tag List" tag matches a Tag in the tag.dat option to update all / some items of them would be great, its a wish so when/if you get time.
Similar to changing tags changing from X: to Y: would be another wish so when/if you get time.

In the mean time is there a script option / or could their be that reloads the tag.dat?
i.e. if I manipulate the file outside XY I either need to exit and restart, or not be in it in the first place.
script command "reloadtags" or reload 0 [default] for tags etc..

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I currently have no time for this. But a tip: "tag.dat" is just a plain text file. You can open it in any editor and do global changes on your paths very easily.

timwillhack

Post by timwillhack »

i've edited the tag.dat file directly after changing a drive letter on my computer (which messed up tags in xyplorer). After find replace, it seemed to make it so xyplorer's tag functionality broke (search specifically). I think it was related to the order of the entries in tag.dat file. I used the config options edit tags popup to basically copy and paste them back in, which seemed to force xyplorer to re alphabetize the list. Anyway thought i'd throw that in here as you mentioned you can edit that file directly, but i think doing so will break tag functionality.

highend

Post by highend »

I think it was related to the order of the entries in tag.dat file
If you e.g. change a drive letter from D to G and already have tagged files on E
this would break it if you don't move all entries with G after the ones from E

tag.dat file content must be sorted case-sensitive!
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal