SC Command ::Make...

Features wanted...
klownboy

Re: SC Command ::Make...

Post by klownboy »

Hi Don, I'm really liking the "trigger by click" feature. It sounds kind of wildwest gunslingerish. In the beta notes you mention a redesign of the "click" symbol instead of using the current script icon. I'd suggest something as narrow as possible to allow for the narrowest column width possible. This works best for me anyway when the "click" symbol is the first column or immediately to the left of the file name column. The user doesn't have to have a title name like "preview" taking up additional column width. It could be "View" or even a blank space or "alt-255" - as I have it now and the limiting width is the icon width. I'd rather it had a transparent background (no background color), but maybe you'd have to have one to account for the many varied foreground /background possibilities.
Thanks,
Ken
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Interesting bug:

If <clipboard> is used as source (containing paths to image files), the list appears to refresh, making rendered images to disappear.
Problem won't happen if get() is used on the same source images.

Code: Select all

$re = "";
   $x = 180;
   $y = 50;
   $max = 5;

$x1 = $x;
   $y1 = $y;
   #485; //refresh list, cleaning up screen from any previous artifacts

$a = <clipboard>; // alternatively
//   $a = get(selecteditemspathnames); // alternatively
   $a = $a; // attempt to fix
   foreach($tk, "$a", <crlf>) {

$ctrl++;
                              IF($ctrl > $max) { $x = $x1; $y = $y + 60; $ctrl = 0; }
                              ELSE {   }
                              $x = $x + 80;

// step;
                              makecoffee "$tk", $x, $y, 50, 50;
//debug
 wait 500;

}
//debug
   wait 1500;
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hey Don, Is there anyway you could force the makecoffee display of pics to mind or beware of the screen edges especially the top and bottom regardless of the positioning "x", "y" values provided in the SC (i.e., the top of pic wouldn't be off the top of the screen and the bottom of the pic would never go below the bottom)? Obviously that can happen often on a detail mode display.
Thanks,
Ken

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

klownboy wrote:Hi Don, I'm really liking the "trigger by click" feature. It sounds kind of wildwest gunslingerish. In the beta notes you mention a redesign of the "click" symbol instead of using the current script icon. I'd suggest something as narrow as possible to allow for the narrowest column width possible. This works best for me anyway when the "click" symbol is the first column or immediately to the left of the file name column. The user doesn't have to have a title name like "preview" taking up additional column width. It could be "View" or even a blank space or "alt-255" - as I have it now and the limiting width is the icon width. I'd rather it had a transparent background (no background color), but maybe you'd have to have one to account for the many varied foreground /background possibilities.
Thanks,
Ken
I'm quite happy with the current green "click" symbol, and smaller than 16 pixels makes no sense since columns cannot be smaller than 18 pixels (internal limit).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

SkyFrontier wrote:Interesting bug:

If <clipboard> is used as source (containing paths to image files), the list appears to refresh, making rendered images to disappear.
Problem won't happen if get() is used on the same source images. ...
Hm, I don't see why this should be the case. Check next beta... it might have disappeared. ;)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

klownboy wrote:Hey Don, Is there anyway you could force the makecoffee display of pics to mind or beware of the screen edges especially the top and bottom regardless of the positioning "x", "y" values provided in the SC (i.e., the top of pic wouldn't be off the top of the screen and the bottom of the pic would never go below the bottom)? Obviously that can happen often on a detail mode display.
Thanks,
Ken
Hmm, that might not be desired in any case, and it's slowly getting overkilled. Hey, makecoffee is just a gimmick...

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi Don, makecoffee certainly started as a gimmick or Easter Egg, but now it can be very useful feature. I think it's time you dropped the gimmick thinking. Maybe a name change as Marco suggested would help change your thinking. I'm not sure why anyone would purposely want their pic or part of their pic to be off screen. Easter is coming...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

These extra functions to makecoffee are all half-baked. When you scroll the list containing coffee you will see...

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Certainly, I've noticed some very bad behavior if makecoffee is used in Custom Columns in the List or Browse mode for a "Trigger" instead of "Click" especially in a folder full of photos. Even in the trigger Click mode it seems that XY initially wants to list or browse all the pics until it realizes it should be in "Click" mode. I certainly wouldn't want to use "makecoffee" in anything other than "Click" mode for a folder full of pics. It works great in a mixed folder with a little of everything as shown. Makecoffee also works great in the PFA we talked about earlier. Thanks.
makecoffee.PNG
makecoffee.PNG (15.15 KiB) Viewed 1990 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The "very bad behavior" should be fixed in the last in beta.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

You've tamed it. Much better now setting up a large folder of pics with CC trigger click using makecoffee and wait in a script. Thanks :appl:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:
klownboy wrote:Hey Don, Is there anyway you could force the makecoffee display of pics to mind or beware of the screen edges especially the top and bottom regardless of the positioning "x", "y" values provided in the SC (i.e., the top of pic wouldn't be off the top of the screen and the bottom of the pic would never go below the bottom)? Obviously that can happen often on a detail mode display.
Thanks,
Ken
Hmm, that might not be desired in any case, and it's slowly getting overkilled. Hey, makecoffee is just a gimmick...
Changed my mind about this wish. :)

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

admin wrote:
SkyFrontier wrote:Interesting bug:

Problem won't happen if get() is used on the same source images. ...
Hm, I don't see why this should be the case. Check next beta... it might have disappeared. ;)
Not fixed, Don.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please post snippet...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Got it. The selection was the problem. Fix comes.