Color Changer vs Skins

Features wanted...
aurumdigitus

Color Changer vs Skins

Post by aurumdigitus »

First, admit to not having done Search for this but am confident it has been covered.

There are screen shots on the Forum of what programs like WindowBlinds can do. Very nice. Believe Don has shown resistance to skinning XY built-in for a multitude of reasons as is his prerogative as sole proprietor.

How about a compromise? Namely do it the way Faststone Image Viewer does. What it offers for skinning is not a brute force way to modify every single aspect of the UI per se but rather what is more of a "color changer". This gives the eyes a nice break and relives visually monotony (and some of us spend a lot of time gazing at XY).

With a "milestone" edition number turnover - say v15.00 - think this is worthy of consideration.

Your thoughts loyal users would be welcome. :biggrin:

SkyFrontier

Re: Color Changer vs Skins

Post by SkyFrontier »

+1, of course.

Sidekicked by live taskbar, XYstylEZ added to workflow.
Each work session has an XY instance, which in turn has its own color, allowing me to work under
color-coded priority sessions!
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

Anselma

Post by Anselma »

I prefer support for internal archive preview to skinning. My apology for being disagree with you, aurumdigitus, but I feel the former would be a more real functionality.

I use WindowBlinds to skin XYplorer myself (and I like what it has done for me) but actually it is taken for granted as WindowBlinds works system-wide. The one I originally wanted to skin was the shell, explorer.exe, not XYplorer.exe, but turned out the result, to some extent, was unexpectedly remarkable for XYplorer too. So if one wants to skin XYplorer, at the moment I would suggest he/she looks for a pretty theme and patching explorer by a visual style changer application, like UXtheme patcher, Litestep, BBLean, WindowBlinds or alike. After then, the result of the modification will be inherited by XYplorer.

Nighted

Post by Nighted »

-1 Image
I want XY to serve soft ice cream. Please Don, make XY serve soft ice cream.