very often I find myself fiddling with the name column width because I want to quickly glimpse at a column to the far right. The options are
- set auto column size to a value that is usually small enough for all screens/resolution sizes and execute CTRL+NumPadAdd. --> Problem, if I want to quickly glimpse I then want my prior column widths back, how?
- CTRL + right/left arrow keys --> step size ist too small, takes too long
- mouse to shift scrollbar left/right --> too cumbersome as well, want to use keyboard only
- save column layout, load it whenever needed --> too cumbersome and slow to quickly glimpse/adjust
- An option for auto column width which toggles between the current column widths and the set width which is currently available in the options.
- An (additional) option to really adjust all widths to the minimum width the currently displayed content actually scales horizontally for each column. Does such an option even exist right now? --> auto-scale to current widths? In this case however the option to toggle back and forth would still make sense
- in general I would like to see a setting that enables one to set the scroll distance. The horizontal scroll (CTRL+left/rightarrow) and 'name column width adjustment' via CTRL+SHIFT+NumpadAdd/Subtract both are far too slow since they seem to move/rescale only a few pixels. If one could set this value to be much larger, scrolling would become more viable. However. It doesn't fully solve this request since scrolling then omits the name entirely when arriving at a column which was out of view on the right. Knowing the Name is vital in most cases
If I missed an option which helps out here, I'd be happy to hear it too!