[Tip] nb 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0 to select my favorite folders

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
calude

[Tip] nb 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0 to select my favorite folders

Post by calude »

hi
just a trick that may be useful for some

I have assigned nb 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0 to my most "worked in folders" with a Keyboard shortcut:
instant access to those folders

you do that in user/ Manage commands/goto

I also use shift + nb to some favourite network folders

Useful, simple and sooo fast

Claude

arirish

Re: [Tip] nb 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0 to select my favorite folde

Post by arirish »

Yeah, that's handy. I used the numpad keys for mine

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I agree that has been very handy for me as well. But, I found that many times if XYplorer wasn't in the foreground (i.e., not the active window) or for some reason XYplorer wasn't running (unusual as it may be), it is even better to have a hotkey assigned using AutoHotkey (AHK) to a single numpad key to open various folders or do a number of operations in XYplorer. The key assignment (CKS) to open the folder in XYplorer could then be some very obscure or nearly never used keyboard combination (e.g., control alt numpad 3) and the AHK assignment in a simple script would be to assign "numpad 1" to check to see if XYplorer is active and if it is, simulate the pressing of the Customized Keyboard Shortcut in XY "control alt numpad 3". If XYplorer is not running, the AHK script will open XYplorer, wait 'til it's active and then simulate the pressing "control alt numpad 3". Works quite nicely and is extremely fast even if XY had to be started. You can even use the Command ID (e.g., #1403) for the User Defined Command in XYplorer within the AHK script (e.g., Run, D:\Tools\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe /script=::#1400).
Ken
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

xycooper

Post by xycooper »

I use ControlPad (http://sector-seven.net/software/controlpad) to do the same things. It is portable and simple to use.
You just hold down the * button for one second then a window opens you type a number or letter that corresponds with the action you have programmed it to perform.
I wish XYplorer had a trigger that would bring it into focus (maybe it does but I haven't found it yet) than I wouldn't need to use ControlPad.
I guess I could just click on XYplorer (I do always have it running) but that kinda defeats the purpose of using keyboard shortcuts to accomplish a task.
XYplorer - Simply the Best!

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

xycooper wrote:I wish XYplorer had a trigger that would bring it into focus (maybe it does but I haven't found it yet) than I wouldn't need to use ControlPad.
I guess I could just click on XYplorer (I do always have it running) but that kinda defeats the purpose of using keyboard shortcuts to accomplish a task.
On Windows 7 you can use Winkey+Number to open/activate the program in the corresponding position of the taskbar. If you pin XY to be the first icon then Win+1 will always open/activate it. For a better description with pictures see here.

There is also an INI tweak that allows you to assign a global shortcut to activate XY if it is running, this will not work to start XY.
; Tweak: one char (A-Z, 0-9) used for hotkey Win+[ ] to show app
HotKeyShowApp=
Note that while this claims you can use A-Z and 0-9 the reality is that if Windows is already using that key in a global shortcut then XY will not be able to re-assign it, so 'e', '0-9', and a number of other letters will not work.

HTH

mkolaski

Post by mkolaski »

Amongst other things, I use AutoHotKey to give focus to various apps, including XYplorer.

I use Ctrl + Shift + . [period] to select XYplorer - can't remember where I found the code, but it looks like this:

Code: Select all

ToggleWinMinimize(TheWindowTitle)
{
 SetTitleMatchMode,2
 DetectHiddenWindows, Off
 IfWinActive, %TheWindowTitle%
 {
   WinMinimize, %TheWindowTitle%
 }
 Else
 {
   IfWinExist, %TheWindowTitle%
   {
       WinGet, winid, ID, %TheWindowTitle%
       DllCall("SwitchToThisWindow", "UInt", winid, "UInt", 1)
   }
 }
Return
}
; set your shortcuts here…
;shift + ctrl +
^+/::ToggleWinMinimize("Sublime Text")
^+.::ToggleWinMinimize("XYplorer")
^+#::ToggleWinMinimize("Microsoft Visual Basic")
Something else I find useful is the following which will keep the app with focus on top - use Win + t to set/unset:

Code: Select all

;always on top  Win + t
#t::
ActiveHwnd := WinExist("A")
WinGetTitle, WindowTitle, ahk_id %ActiveHwnd%
WinGet, ExStyle, ExStyle, ahk_id %ActiveHwnd%
if (ExStyle & 0x8)
    OnTop=1
else
    OnTop=0
Winset, AlwaysOnTop, Toggle, ahk_id %ActiveHwnd%

StringReplace, WindowTitle, WindowTitle, %A_Space%- (Pinned)
if not OnTop
  WindowTitle:=WindowTitle . " - (Pinned)"

WinSetTitle, ahk_id %ActiveHwnd%,,%WindowTitle%
return
HTH

Cheers,
Michael

xycooper

Post by xycooper »

@TheQwerty
Thanks for the great Info. :appl: I tried the winkey+1 to open/activate XYplorer and that works great.
I think I will try the INI tweak next to see which one works better for me. :D
XYplorer - Simply the Best!

calude

Post by calude »

to easily set Win + Key
Clavier+ (32 & 64bits)
http://utilfr42.free.fr/

I'm using Win + y for XYplorer !! none are closer

Claude