Unwanted additions to Favorite Folders

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
BrooksNYC

Unwanted additions to Favorite Folders

Post by BrooksNYC »

HeyHey.

I'm sure I've overlooked a checked config box that need un-checking, but can't seem to find it.

Currently, whenever I BOLD a folder name (Ctrl+B), that folder adds itself to my Favorite Folders list. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Appreciate the help!
Windows 10 Pro x64 (v. 21H2 - Build 19044.2486)

XYplorer 24.20

Jerry

Re: Unwanted additions to Favorite Folders

Post by Jerry »

BrooksNYC wrote:HeyHey.
I'm sure I've overlooked a checked config box that need un-checking, but can't seem to find it.
Currently, whenever I BOLD a folder name (Ctrl+B), that folder adds itself to my Favorite Folders list. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?Appreciate the help!
Ctrl-B does not explicitly make a folder bold but toggles the folder as favorite or not. The bold rendering of the folder in the tree is just one way the favorite state is indicated. My favorite folders don't appear bold. Instead, I have a little blue plus sign in a circle in the folder icon. But I don't recall how I set things that way.

Jerry
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

nerdweed

Post by nerdweed »

Ctrl+B is for Favorites and favorites are displayed in Bold.
You may use Ctrl+Shift+B to highlight folder instead if you just want them to stand out.

BrooksNYC

Post by BrooksNYC »

Ah-HA. Got it. Thank you both.

I completely misunderstood the purpose of Ctrl+B, and was using it for cosmetic purposes. And then, to compound dumb with dumber, whenever I wanted to add a favorite folder to my Favorite Folders list, I edited the list by hand instead of using Ctrl+B. . .Image

There's no substitute for brains, but at least I've been using the highlight feature correctly.

Again, thanks for your help.
Windows 10 Pro x64 (v. 21H2 - Build 19044.2486)

XYplorer 24.20