Add XYplorer to AutoplayHandlers

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
kiwichick

Add XYplorer to AutoplayHandlers

Post by kiwichick »

Hi there, Can anyone please tell me how I can add XYplorer to AutoplayHandlers so that I can "View files in XYplorer" when I plug in my External HDD, Flash Drive or Memory Card? Cheers.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2

serendipity

Re: Add XYplorer to AutoplayHandlers

Post by serendipity »

kiwichick wrote:Hi there, Can anyone please tell me how I can add XYplorer to AutoplayHandlers so that I can "View files in XYplorer" when I plug in my External HDD, Flash Drive or Memory Card? Cheers.
I remember something like TweakUI could do this on XP. Maybe there's a similar one for Windows 7 and later.

arirish

Post by arirish »

serendipity wrote:
kiwichick wrote:Hi there, Can anyone please tell me how I can add XYplorer to AutoplayHandlers so that I can "View files in XYplorer" when I plug in my External HDD, Flash Drive or Memory Card? Cheers.
I remember something like TweakUI could do this on XP. Maybe there's a similar one for Windows 7 and later.
TweakUI can do this (just checked and added it myself!). For W7 and beyond, this looks to be the alternative, but whether it has AutoplayHandlers or not I don't know: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate- ... ws-7-vista

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Thanks guys, but TweakUI is not compatible with W7 and the Ultimate Windows Tweaker doesn't have AutoplayHandlers. I do actually have a couple of programs (Default Programs Editor and Autoplay Repair) and they can add the handlers but I don't know which handler/s to add for HDD, FlashDrive or Memory Stick (eg: Audio Files, Mixed Content, Pictures, etc). I tried once just adding XYplorer to everything but then I ended up with multiple XYplorer entries when the Autoplay window opens on device connection.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

OK so I found a regkey (screenshot 1) that supposedly adds XYplorer to the Autoplay Handlers for Mixed Content. When I use either of the programs above to check (screenshots 2&3), XYplorer has been added but it doesn't show as an option when the drives are plugged in (screenshot 4). On checking the Windows Control Panel/Autoplay (screenshot 5) it doesn't appear, although the Control Panel only shows the "General options" not the "Mixed content options" (as per screenshot 4).

Image Image Image Image Image

Ideally what I would like to do is add XYplorer to the General Options so it shows up no matter what is plugged in. Help???
Windows 10 Pro 22H2

pesto12601

Post by pesto12601 »

Give this one a shot for Win7 - seems to do a good job on my machine and allowed me to clean up a ton of auto handlers that weren't accessible through the normal win7 control panel.. enjoy!

http://download.cnet.com/Default-Progra ... 65255.html

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Hi pesto12601, Thanks for the reply but I mentioned in my post, 23 May, that I already have this program but I don't which handlers to add. If you can tell me that, I would be very grateful. Cheers.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

OK I've discovered something interesting that may or may not help. I still haven't managed to get XYplorer to show in the Autoplay popup window when a device is plugged in.

But, if I set "View files with XYplorer" as the default for Mixed Media, XYplorer opens when I plug in a device. I set it via the Default Programs Editor software mentioned previously because XYplorer still doesn't show in Windows Control Panel / Autoplay / Mixed content. It just shows a greyed out "Choose a default".

So result, in a way, because I can get the media to open in XYplorer but it would I'd rather have the Autoplay window popup so I get a choice. Especially when plugging in empty media that I want to transfer stuff to because then I just get the General Options popup which doesn't include XYplorer.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2