Show off your Xyplorer!

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Show off your Xyplorer!

Post by admin »

You can toggle the main menu by Alt+Up.

murdock01

Post by murdock01 »

Here is my current config. I recently got rid of the tree. I do everything via the catalog or the address bar. Its been working very well. I wish the catalog could be moved around so I could have both full length so I opted to lose the tree.
Everything here is very dynamic. I carry this around on my USB so everything resolves to what ever computer I am on.
I have tons of things configured but this is what it looks like by default.
Enjoy.
Shawn
Attachments
XYplorersm.jpg
XYplorersm.jpg (184.07 KiB) Viewed 3305 times

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

murdock01 wrote:Enjoy. Shawn
It seems you've managed to get rid off the physical view completely and drive your file management solely based on 'metadata', cool. :ugeek:

Cheers,
Filehero

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, and it got style. I would only bug me that the date columns are cropped. :P

murdock01

Post by murdock01 »

Thanks for the comments.
I have 2 details views - the one show is the 'clean' view - showing just enough basic info. I do size my columns so they are not cropped (it bugs me to) but when I go back and forth a couple of times the columns seem to resize. I am not sure why but it does not seem to bother me too much anymore - a quick autosize columns fixes it right up.

The color filters also help greatly. I have several that are triggered via keyboard shortcuts so I can quickly see files modified today or yesterday. I love the color filters. I almost dont even look at the actual modified value anymore. Maybe I should just turn it off. ?:)

nerdweed

Post by nerdweed »

murdock01 wrote:I have 2 details views - the one show is the 'clean' view - showing just enough basic info.
2 details views - How? I have been bothering Don over separate default column settings for DP and SP.

murdock01

Post by murdock01 »

I have set several folder views based on folder names that use wildcard pattern matching. The clean view is my default. If I need to create a project folder or a document folder, I can call the folder something like "t_project1". The 't_' defines this folder view as a thumbnail view. In my views configuration I have "*\t_*" saved as a thumbnails view.
I can also define a details 2 view (*\d_*) as a view with lots of columns and stuff. When XY sees these pattern matches it shows the appropriate view.
Since I try "virtualize" my folders I don't see the actual folder names, these extra characters don't bother me to much but XY sees them as I move around the file system. Its not a great system but it works and I don't go crazy with different views all over the place.
Pattern matching against the file system is great. You just need to define the system and apply it to the folder structure.
Note. I cant get two actual separate view in on e folder. I guess I worded that badly. It would be kinda need to have some way to toggle on and off certain columns in the different views.

murdock01

Post by murdock01 »

Also, I do have keyboard shortcuts assigned to "show all columns" and "restore columns from default layout".
This works other than the "restore ..." does not restore the column widths.

nerdweed

Post by nerdweed »

murdock01 wrote:I have set several folder views based on folder names that use wildcard pattern matching. The clean view is my default. If I need to create a project folder or a document folder, I can call the folder something like "t_project1". The 't_' defines this folder view as a thumbnail view. In my views configuration I have "*\t_*" saved as a thumbnails view.
I can also define a details 2 view (*\d_*) as a view with lots of columns and stuff. When XY sees these pattern matches it shows the appropriate view.
Since I try "virtualize" my folders I don't see the actual folder names, these extra characters don't bother me to much but XY sees them as I move around the file system. Its not a great system but it works and I don't go crazy with different views all over the place.
Pattern matching against the file system is great. You just need to define the system and apply it to the folder structure.
Note. I cant get two actual separate view in on e folder. I guess I worded that badly. It would be kinda need to have some way to toggle on and off certain columns in the different views.

Not something I was looking for. I had wished it here - http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9830

Same folder would show different views in Single Pane and Dual Pane

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Breadcrumbing with locked tree aka permanent drive list.
BC-YEAH.png
BC-YEAH.png (61.8 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
edit: with the locked tree grey a bit lighter, the drive buttons removed and drive letters reassigned.
BC-YEAH_2.png
BC-YEAH_2.png (60.51 KiB) Viewed 3096 times
Don't know what feels better yet.

Cheers,
Filehero

binocular222

Post by binocular222 »

I'm obsessed with maximizing screen space and eye-strain reduction so here is my full screen:
- No Adressbar & No Tree(Breadcrum is enough, there's also a "Clean View" button in Calatog to toggle these 2 elements on/off)
- No Toolbar (Catalog is enough)
- No Titlebar (I use ahk to move the window off-screen)
- Tabs are iconized
- The below is Night Mode (There's also a script in Catalog to toggle to Light Mode instantly)
Untitled20131022190200.png
Untitled20131022190200.png (84.1 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
My only concern here is how to change the color of column header. Looks like sh!t in Night Mode.
It seems to derived from Windows (Personalized > Windows color), but I cannot figure out how to change.
Maybe Don hard-coded it?
Any help?
I'm a casual coder using AHK language. All of my xys scripts:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 243#p82488

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Column headers are part of the current Windows theme.

binocular222

Post by binocular222 »

Oh, I found it. Windows Color > 3D object!
I'm a casual coder using AHK language. All of my xys scripts:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 243#p82488

armsys

Post by armsys »

Don't underestimate the importance of this thread.
By showing off the XY layouts of daily usages, we learn a great deal from each other the most efficient way to conduct our business.
I would wonder Don's actual XY layouts or workspaces.
Thanks for your generous sharing.

armsys

Post by armsys »

murdock01 wrote:Here is my current config. Shawn
Shawn,
I'm confused by your XY layout. How come Item #14 & #15 are missing?
How could you split the screen into two?
The above shows the folders while showing .jpg below?
Is there any magical script involved?