Missing shortcut keys?!!

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Kees54

Missing shortcut keys?!!

Post by Kees54 »

For a long time I use Total Commander as File Manager, but I missed the possibilty of TAGS.
Since a few days I'm working with XYPlorer.
I'm impressed of the possibilities but I'm looking for two things.
How can I select several (on different places) files in a folder without using the mouse and do CTRL-click?
In Total Commander I was used to select a file with <Ins>, because I don't like to use the mouse.

Another one:
I have tagged files and know how to find files by tags, but how can I do that without the use of a mouse?
Is that possible?
Last edited by Kees54 on 05 Jan 2013 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

kunkel321

Re: Missing shortcut keys?

Post by kunkel321 »

I use the "Sticky Select" toolbar button (looks like a thumbtack).

I don't use Labels, so not sure about that... But any menu command can have a Hot Key assigned to it via Tools Menu > Customize Keyboard Shortcuts.
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

Kees54

Post by Kees54 »

Thanks for your answer. The sticky select is indeed a good tip, I can use it very well.

Unfortunately there is no Hot Key for the Find by Tags command.....
I think it's forgotten!
I hope it will be there in the next version.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing shortcut keys?!!

Post by admin »

Kees54 wrote:How can I select several (on different places) files in a folder without using the mouse and do CTRL-click?
The standard way to do this is hold CTRL while you move the selection with the arrow keys, then (while holding CTRL) use SPACE to toggle the selection of the current item.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kees54 wrote:Unfortunately there is no Hot Key for the Find by Tags command.....
I think it's forgotten!
I hope it will be there in the next version.
There are many ways to find by tags. Which interface do you mean that should get a shortcut?

Kees54

Post by Kees54 »

Thanks for the tip with the CTRL-key and the Spacebar, that's a good one!

What about the searching by tags: I'd like to make a hotkey so that I get the window `Find by tags´ where I can tick the tags. It´s the same window that comes down when the blue label button is clicked. No, it´s the TAGlist that you have to choose there!
I do all things by keyboard, so I`m trying to make a hotkey for it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kees54 wrote:What about the searching by tags: I'd like to make a hotkey so that I get the window `Find by tags´ where I can tick the tags. It´s the same window that comes down when the blue label button is clicked. No, it´s the TAGlist that you have to choose there!
I do all things by keyboard, so I`m trying to make a hotkey for it.
These two interfaces (Find by tags and Tag list) are both controlled by scope the option set Search Everywhere / Search This Branch / Search Here at the bottom of the "Find by Tags" toolbar button dropdown. Therefore it is difficult or misleading to make them accessible by a shortcut. First the scope should be integrated into this interface, which is not easy currently for architectural reasons.

But there is hope! The scripting command taglist() lets you access the tag list programmatically. It would not take a lot of lines to replicate a "find by tags via tag list" interface with your custom options.