Might as well use syntax highlighting... But where/how?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
FluxTorpedoe

Re: Might as well use syntax highlighting... But where/how?

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi'
RalphM wrote:Maybe not too many changes, but I'll have to scroll through the changelog since 2010!!! and find all the changes in order to incorporate them.
I wonder if I'm missing something...?
In the Help file under "Advanced Topics", I grabbed the list of commands from the "Scripting Commands Reference", the variables from their entry, and the conditionals/operators from "Scripting". Then I just modded a list of standard delimiters and quotes. Are there more things to play with?

I'd be curious to know how you work with your scripts in your favorite editors, if you add "clips" too or that kind of stuff... :)

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

FluxTorpedoe wrote:...I wonder if I'm missing something...?
In the Help file under "Advanced Topics", I grabbed the list of commands from the "Scripting Commands Reference", the variables from their entry, and the conditionals/operators from "Scripting". Then I just modded a list of standard delimiters and quotes. Are there more things to play with?

I'd be curious to know how you work with your scripts in your favorite editors, if you add "clips" too or that kind of stuff... :)
The PSPad files have syntax highlighting and clips (two files) and yes there are two approaches to update these files, either scroll through changelog and incorporate all changes from there or take the list of commands from help and compare it with the existing files.

So far I went with the first option but especially this time with 30+ pages of changelog to scroll probably your approach would have been faster.

Anyway it's done, just need to check some syntax issues and will upload the new versions soon.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Well then, count me interested too... :)
When you release it, I'll grab it and take it as a good opportunity to try PSPad again!

kunkel321

Post by kunkel321 »

FluxTorpedoe wrote:
kunkel321 wrote:
FluxTorpedoe wrote: ... Installation:
- simply unzip (with folder structure) in your Akelpad directory...
Cool thanks for posting! Akelpad does have some appeal. It's minimalist design makes it super-fast loading. I'm not able to get it to "see" your plugin though... I have it here
C:\Program Files\PortableApps\AkelPad-4.7.9-bin-eng\Akelpad-SyntaxHighlight_XYplorer(v11_60_0209)
next to
AkelFiles (dir)
AkelPad.exe
AkelPad.ini
When I open the plugins dialog it isn't there, and there is no way to browse to it.
It seems you flattened the folder structure when unzipping.
- File xys.coder should be next to the other *.coder files in:
AkelPad\AkelFiles\Plugs\Coder\
- and file ContextMenu.ini should be next to ContextMenu.dll in:
AkelPad\AkelFiles\Plugs\

And yes, Akelpad is really fast, and with its default plugins (Toolbar, Coder, etc.), it's still quite powerful! :)
Okay so I tried this again... I had installed the English archive version, and it didn't seem to have the plugins, or something... Anyway, I installed the main installer version and I think it's working now. I do have to save the file as an .xys file, then when I reopen it, the syntax colors show.

I really like the "auto complete" pop up list--Very cool.

But is the list of popup commands that it's offering actually xys commands? Was that data in one of the files from your download?
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi'
kunkel321 wrote:I had installed the English archive version, and it didn't seem to have the plugins
Yes, for those who download the AkelPad "Archive", you must also download the "PlugsPack" from the Plugins page.
kunkel321 wrote:I do have to save the file as an .xys file, then when I reopen it, the syntax colors show.
Great! :D
If your file doesn't have the .xys extension, or if it's a new file, you can tell AkelPad to use XYS syntax highlighting in the "Syntax Theme" button (the white page with C++ on it). (Provided you have the ContextMenu.ini in "AkelPad\AkelFiles\Plugs\" and are in 'portable' mode as mentioned earlier.)
I really like the "auto complete" pop up list--Very cool.
But is the list of popup commands that it's offering actually xys commands? Was that data in one of the files from your download?
Yes it's working quite well... 8)
And yes, AkelPad knows/suggests the commands+ from the xys.coder I've uploaded.
Note that it suggests valid commands by adding a star * after the name in the dropdown (e.g. echo*), and suggests already present commands, vars, text... by adding a plus + after the name (e.g. $myvar+).

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Ok, just to make sure, I cross-checked the syntax files with the help file and found a couple things that needed adjustment.
Here are the new PSPad syntax highlighting and clip files as for XY v11.70.0006.

In order for them to work, copy the .def file to the "Context" and the .ini to the "Syntax" subfolder of your PSPad installation.

Enjoy

@Don: You might want to put those files on the XY homepage again for easier download.
Attachments
PSPad_XYScript_language_files_v11.70.0006.zip
(6.35 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

RalphM wrote:Ok, just to make sure, I cross-checked the syntax files with the help file and found a couple things that needed adjustment.
Here are the new PSPad syntax highlighting and clip files as for XY v11.70.0006.

In order for them to work, copy the .def file to the "Context" and the .ini to the "Syntax" subfolder of your PSPad installation.

Enjoy

@Don: You might want to put those files on the XY homepage again for easier download.
Question: Is there a way to organize this independently from me? Google docs or something? I simply don't have the time anymore to care for updating this list. I never got any feedback on this so I have the impression (sorry) that nobody ever used this stuff frmo the web page anyway.

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

admin wrote:
RalphM wrote:Ok, just to make sure, I cross-checked the syntax files with the help file and found a couple things that needed adjustment.

Enjoy

Question: Is there a way to organize this independently from me? Google docs or something? I simply don't have the time anymore to care for updating this list. I never got any feedback on this so I have the impression (sorry) that nobody ever used this stuff frmo the web page anyway.
Perhaps make a sticky in the Tips & Tricks forum?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

nas8e9 wrote:
admin wrote:

Enjoy

Perhaps make a sticky in the Tips & Tricks forum?
I still would have to update it.

Anyway, I updated License Lounge one more time. Thanks, RalphM!

kunkel321

Post by kunkel321 »

Cool! The new PSPad one seems to work well too.
Thanks guys!
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

Well, with a topic like that, I should mention this, even though I just installed AkelPad to check out all the work, thank you!, that's been done there.

I like Jan Goyvaert's EditPad Plus (of RegexBuddy fame). I'm comfortable with it. There's a rather out-of-date Syntax Highlighting theme for XY available from the main site that's very usable as is. There's also a download, for purchasers, of a syntax highlighting editor, and I may end up updating it myself, depending on what I decide about AkelPad (I do like EditPad, as well as his other software). It has good support for clips, projects, dual view, and it supports the JGSoft regex engine. (And, ofc, features like block editing, macros, etc. etc.) Has some other very advanced features (especially regex related) as well that are worth a look. Oh, and it has context-sensitive help as well (opens XY help if cursor over a key word or from a selection).

https://www.editpadpro.com

You should look at his other offerings as well. It also has an excellent online regex tutorial, my favorite, along with RexEgg.

I've updated the syntax coloring scheme for XYplorer. Here's the link. It is paid editor, but imho, worth it:

https://www.editpadpro.com/cgi-bin/cscs ... ?focus=291 as of 18/11/16.