Few questions and maybe bug reports

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
vsub

Few questions and maybe bug reports

Post by vsub »

1.Is this normal behavior...in Float\Full screen view,if you click(and hold)on the image,it will be displayed again over the image

2.In branch view if you click on the icon to hide all folders,everything will disappear except the files in the root directory but if you use Edit=>Show all items in branch or search the current folder without any search terms(to display all files),then everything except the folders are shown when you click on the icon to show\hide the folders

3.This is not a big deal because I almost don't have such pictures(just reporting)but XYP can't display png files that are over certain resolution(high resolution)...is there is some kind of limit how big resolution\image size can be to display it in any preview mode.

4.Will XYP ever support animated images (I know I can add .gif in the Web & Office Documents to display the image by using IE but it just look ugly)to floating\full screen\info panel.

5.What exactly is the point of getting an image for icon from dll if you will end up with just the icon for the dll file(you can't choose icon from for example shell32.dll)...the same applies to .exe files.

6.Is there is a way the middle click(when it's in default mode...go to the item in new tab)to work only in any mode except normal...I don't see what's the point of middle clicking if it will just make a duplicate of the current tab.It's useful only while searching or in branch mode

7.In Mini Tree mode,if you are currently in hidden folder,if you refresh,it will go to the containing folder of the hidden folder.This does not happen if you enable the hidden files,don't use the mini tree or just hide the navigation panel

admin
Site Admin

Re: Few questions and maybe bug reports

Post by admin »

vsub wrote:3.This is not a big deal because I almost don't have such pictures(just reporting)but XYP can't display png files that are over certain resolution(high resolution)...is there is some kind of limit how big resolution\image size can be to display it in any preview mode.
By resolution you mean dimensions? What dimensions are we talking about? I can preview test images of 10,000 x 10,000 pixels here.

vsub

Post by vsub »

I just tried some random image and resize it.

The floating\fullscreen preview gives me this error
Error: 480 (000001E0)
Desc: Can't create AutoRedraw image
Dll: 0
Proc: preview_LoadImg
And the info panel gives me either
Preview created by the shell
Size: 0 x 0 (100%)
File size: 6 319 344 bytes, loaded in 10ms
or can't decode when I select other image and then the big image.

If the dimension is over 2250x1720(or maybe a little smaller),the problem will appear.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Which version of XY?

vsub

Post by vsub »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is this a new problem or did you have it as well with 11.30.0100?

vsub

Post by vsub »

It's not new,it was there on 11.30.0003 too...I just decided to ask about it along with the other questions(I don't think I have more than 10 png images with so big dimensions)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Generally error 480 depends on many factors. I've seen it appear on one day and disappear on the next day with nothing changed but the day and the wheather. I'll check into it again...

vsub

Post by vsub »

About the newest beta(106)and those big png images

1.In the list in thumbnails mode,there is a transparency(like before)
2.In float view,full screen view and info panel,the transparency is replaced by blue color
3.Mouse blow down works fine on other images and the transparency is ok but it doesn't work on those big png images

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

vsub wrote:About the newest beta(106)and those big png images

1.In the list in thumbnails mode,there is a transparency(like before)
2.In float view,full screen view and info panel,the transparency is replaced by blue color
3.Mouse blow down works fine on other images and the transparency is ok but it doesn't work on those big png images
Yes, 106 has a bug with transparency in preview. Fix will come.