Customize Info Panel?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
underwood

Customize Info Panel?

Post by underwood »

Hello,

is it possible to customize the info panel?

I like to remove the Version, Tag and Report tab.

Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Customize Info Panel?

Post by admin »

Currently not, but probably a useful idea.

underwood

Post by underwood »

admin wrote:Currently not, but probably a useful idea.
that would be a nice feature

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

underwood wrote:I like to remove the Version, Tag and Report tab.
Hi and welcome to the XY forums!

Just curious: Why would you not want those tabs? Do you not need to see version data on EXE files, for example? Or are the other methods of doing so sufficient? I rarely use the Report tab, but on those occasions, it's good to have...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

underwood

Post by underwood »

j_c_hallgren wrote:
underwood wrote:I like to remove the Version, Tag and Report tab.
Hi and welcome to the XY forums!

Just curious: Why would you not want those tabs? Do you not need to see version data on EXE files, for example? Or are the other methods of doing so sufficient? I rarely use the Report tab, but on those occasions, it's good to have...
Thanks!

I don't need the version data. Most exe files don't have it. I like the new Meta tab but haven't used the RAW View often. I only use collor labels and I do it via the Label collum in the tree few, so I don't need the Tag tab either. Haven't used the Report funktion yet.

I used the Find Files Tab often but with the new "Quick Name Search" I use it rarely at the moment.

grindax

Post by grindax »

Last edited by grindax on 22 Jan 2016 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

underwood

Post by underwood »

grindax wrote:Understood. But why do you want those tabs to go away? Surely if you don't need them, you simply don't use them?
I like a clean and tidy user interface and with so many tabs (new meta tab now) I have to look/search to long for the right one. Yeah, I know, it's a little narrow-minded but the main reason I like xyplorer is, that I can customize lots of functions and the look beside of the many features I like.

I only use a small amount of all the functions but these makes my workflow faster and easyer. I replaced the windows explorer completely with the xyplorer.

Haven't worked with scripts yet or tried user defined commands.

I have some programms/tools where I can remove unused command from the menus