iPhone in XY

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Zardoz2293

iPhone in XY

Post by Zardoz2293 »

Is anyone able to get their iPhone listed in the Tree View in XY? If so, what if anything did you have to do? (Also, what version of the iPhone model/iOS version?)

Thanks!
Computer/Systems Background = Expert | Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720

Twisten

Re: iPhone in XY

Post by Twisten »

Check your manual or go directly to settings and if you have a USB mode modifier try selecting 'USB Drive' or similar.
I don't have an iphone personally but most new devices have a compatible mode in which they appear as a removable drive and therefore can be seen in XYplorer.

Zardoz2293

Post by Zardoz2293 »

Twisten wrote:Check your manual or go directly to settings and if you have a USB mode modifier try selecting 'USB Drive' or similar.
I don't have an iphone personally but most new devices have a compatible mode in which they appear as a removable drive and therefore can be seen in XYplorer.
I'm not sure what you are referencing to settings. It, the iPhone, appears in WE, but not XY.
Computer/Systems Background = Expert | Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720

Borut

Post by Borut »

Zardoz, unfortunately neither I am an owner of iPhone, but was curious. If your iPhone does not have an option which Twisten suggests, look at this Windows tool - maybe it helps. As said, I have not tried that, because I have no iPhone.

http://www.iphonediskdrive.com/about/

If you want to go along Twistens suggestion, google after "iphone usb drive mode" - there are apparently various solutions/add-ons for iPhone.
Win 10 Pro 64bit

Zardoz2293

Post by Zardoz2293 »

Interesting, but I'm just looking for the "photos" only, just like in WE.

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

Anything that shows up in My Computer but isn't a drive (such as items without drive letters) won't currently work in XY.

Though, Don does have it on his roadmap as "Support for Non-Drive Devices".

Zardoz2293

Post by Zardoz2293 »

TheQwerty wrote:Anything that shows up in My Computer but isn't a drive (such as items without drive letters) won't currently work in XY.

Though, Don does have it on his roadmap as "Support for Non-Drive Devices".
Excellent information and feedback everyone. Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My smartphone (htc) only connects with a drive letter, same with my camera. I desperately seek any hardware that will allow me to reproduce (and solve!) the issue of no-drive-letter devices. Any idea for something cheap that will reproduce it for me on XP?

binocular222

Post by binocular222 »

Any Nokia with Symbian OS.
It provide 2 connection mode:
- "USB mode": Just like an usb, with a drive letter
- "Nokia PC Suite": You have to install and run Nokia PC Suit to connect directly PC-to-Mobile without Drive letter.

As I do not have smartphone, can anyone having this trouble try to connect via "usb mode" instead of "direct" mode?
I'm a casual coder using AHK language. All of my xys scripts:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 243#p82488

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote: Any idea for something cheap that will reproduce it for me on XP?
Maybe you have a friend/aquaintance who has an old device they're no longer using that you could test with? Seems like in USA there alr lots of folks with old phones that are in the "junk drawer" that would be enough to use for this.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Post by 40k »

admin wrote:My smartphone (htc) only connects with a drive letter, same with my camera. I desperately seek any hardware that will allow me to reproduce (and solve!) the issue of no-drive-letter devices. Any idea for something cheap that will reproduce it for me on XP?
Neither my iPhone 4S or my Nexus 7 show up in Xy.
I believe this may have to do with MTP support? For instance, I've had issues where my iPhone didn't show up on my Windows 7N because it uses features in the Windows Media Package, which is excluded from N versions due to restrictions from the EU.
I develop scripts that integrate media functionality into Xyplorer.
Hash - Twitch.tv in VLC (NEW 2.0!) - FFmpeg GUI - Youtube downloading
XYplorer for Linux! Tutorial

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'll tackle this once I found a piece of hardware that gives me the problem I need.

gregjohnsondsm

Post by gregjohnsondsm »

Is there any action on this bug?

Borut

Post by Borut »

No bug here. Non-Drive Devices are not currently being supported. They are on the roadmap here http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 555#p44555 - Support for Non-Drive Devices - but I would not expect this any time soon.
Win 10 Pro 64bit

neminem

Post by neminem »

Yeah, I'm sure you could snag a free old phone just posting locally on Craigslist.

I actually got my current used phone free posting on the Ting (my favorite cellphone service provider :)) forum that I was looking to buy a particular type of phone (namely, one with a physical flip keyboard), but wasn't picky about the exact model or age. Someone just gave me one for free, said they weren't using it.