Can I view the entire network??

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
surrender

Can I view the entire network??

Post by surrender »

XYplorer shows computers of only one workgroup. In explorer I can browse through other workgroups in my neighborhood via Entire network> Microsoft Windows Network. Do you think this is possible in XYplorer??

admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I view the entire network??

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:XYplorer shows computers of only one workgroup. In explorer I can browse through other workgroups in my neighborhood via Entire network> Microsoft Windows Network. Do you think this is possible in XYplorer??
Actually I'm working on it right now...you don't happen to have some working code that enumerates existing workgroups? it's a foggy, hardly documented area...

surrender

Post by surrender »

Yeah, its not terribly important for me. But if it works then I can totally do without windows explorer. :wink:

surrender

Post by surrender »

Oh great!!! I can now see the computers outside my workgroup when i enter the name in address bar. Thanks. :D. I guess something similar to entire network is coming soon.

surrender

Post by surrender »

Checked the new 5.00.0030 beta. Coooooooool. 8). Seems like soon i will stop using the windows nethood. Thanks.

PS: You are already back to work?? I thought you were partying after 5:3 German victory.

Chris Wood

Post by Chris Wood »

Yay, another thing I don't have to use Windoze Explorer for. Thanks Don =)

Things still remaining:
Folder icons in thumbnail view
Expanded filenames in thumbnail view
test everything. hold on to the good.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:Checked the new 5.00.0030 beta. Coooooooool. 8). Seems like soon i will stop using the windows nethood. Thanks.
"soon"? why not now?
surrender wrote:PS: You are already back to work?? I thought you were partying after 5:3 German victory.
Oh, I just took a little break from a party that runs from june 9 till july 9 included! :wink:

surrender

Post by surrender »

admin wrote:
surrender wrote:Checked the new 5.00.0030 beta. Coooooooool. 8). Seems like soon i will stop using the windows nethood. Thanks.
"soon"? why not now?
Oh yeah. Right now. :wink:
admin wrote:
surrender wrote:PS: You are already back to work?? I thought you were partying after 5:3 German victory.
Oh, I just took a little break from a party that runs from june 9 till july 9 included! :wink:
:lol: Have fun.

surrender

Post by surrender »

I still have to use windows nethood to get new groups that get created.

Let me explain:

In windows nethood one can see:

Entire network > microsoft windows network > workgroups > computers in respective workgroup

While in XYplorer one can see:

only the computers from respective workgroups.

The reason i ask this is because in my workplace some computers are added or the names changed. I always have to use windows nethood to search for new computers and add onto XYplorer.

I want XYplorer to be able to show workgroups or atleast launch microsoft windows network window.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

XY currently browses only the default workgroup. Demand for browsing other workgroups has been scarce over the years so I gave it a low priority.

How many different workgroups are you dealing with at your workplace?

surrender

Post by surrender »

admin wrote: How many different workgroups are you dealing with at your workplace?
20 or so. But just like how XY pops up control panel from tools, is it possible to do the same with microsoft windows network?? That would suffice my need.

Update: The browse button (...) in the find files panel allows me to go to network from within XYplorer. Ofcourse this is the explorer shell and a button like this next to address bar would be handy to get to workgroups.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:Update: The browse button (...) in the find files panel allows me to go to network from within XYplorer. Ofcourse this is the explorer shell and a button like this next to address bar would be handy to get to workgroups.
I could add a "Browse (via) Shell..." (or so) button to the toolbar. Hm?

surrender

Post by surrender »

admin wrote:
surrender wrote:Update: The browse button (...) in the find files panel allows me to go to network from within XYplorer. Ofcourse this is the explorer shell and a button like this next to address bar would be handy to get to workgroups.
A button would be great. But was wondering if it should be next to address bar by default. or?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:
admin wrote:
A button would be great. But was wondering if it should be next to address bar by default. or?
Or just a button for "Browse Network via Shell...", because the rest is not necessary at all.

surrender

Post by surrender »

admin wrote: "Browse Network via Shell..."
Oh perfect. Simple and straight forward. :D