Address Bar CNP Path, List View Updated, Not Tree View

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Zardoz2293

Address Bar CNP Path, List View Updated, Not Tree View

Post by Zardoz2293 »

I encounter this problem all the time, it's a significant workflow constraint for me in XY. What I don't know is it:

#1) already exists and I don't know the features name; or
#2) a bug; or
#3) a much needed enhancement

Question:In the address bar you cut-n-paste a valid folder path. The List View is updated to represent that path. HOWEVER, the Tree View is *not* changed to reflect the List View. Is there a way to do this (without writing script code)? This behavior is driving me crazy.

What are your thoughts?
Last edited by Zardoz2293 on 19 Feb 2012 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
Computer/Systems Background = Expert | Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720

serendipity

Re: Address Bar CNP Path, List View Updated, Not Tree View

Post by serendipity »

Zardoz2293 wrote:I encounter this problem all the time, it's a significant workflow constraint for me in XY. What I don't know is it:

#1) already exist and I don't know the features name; or
#2) a bug; or
#3) a much needed enhancement

Question:In the address bar you cut-n-paste a valid folder path. The List View is updated to represent that path. HOWEVER, the Tree View is *not* changed to reflect the List View. Is there a way to do this (without writing script code)? This behavior is driving me crazy.

What are your thoughts?
This is not normal, pasting path in AB should update both list and tree. Maybe you checked "Lock tree" (menu View>Lock tree) by mistake?

Zardoz2293

Post by Zardoz2293 »

serendipity wrote:This is not normal, pasting path in AB should update both list and tree. Maybe you checked "Lock tree" (menu View>Lock tree) by mistake?
No checked "Lock Tree"
View Options
View Options
27.png (12.07 KiB) Viewed 1801 times
Computer/Systems Background = Expert | Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

OK.
Just to understand you:
Let's say you are on desktop folder and you paste a path like C:\Program files in the address bar and the list navigates to that path but tree stays where it is i.e. stays focused on desktop?

Zardoz2293

Post by Zardoz2293 »

serendipity wrote:OK.
Just to understand you:
Let's say you are on desktop folder and you paste a path like C:\Program files in the address bar and the list navigates to that path but tree stays where it is i.e. stays focused on desktop?
Yes. Typically occurs with environment variable path type (%ProgramFiles%\blah\blah\blah, %ProgramData%, %UserProfile%, etc.) Note: When 'it' happens, the Tree View gets the background color of the "Lock Tree" checked/enabled but "Lock Tree" isn't enabled/checked and it isn't enabled. I didn't make the association of the "Lock Tree" until your comment. I've never checked or enabled "Lock Tree". In v10.80.0303 and before it was occurring rather frequently. In v10.80.0308 I'm currently unable to reproduce. I'm betting it's associated with Scripting, I get the Branch View "? /:flat" http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7587 in the AB after the Script ends sporadically -- I explicitly make sure Branch View is disabled/removed.