64bit version?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Steel

Re: 64bit version?

Post by Steel »

eil wrote:
Steel wrote:and the"missing recycle bin" (the system cannot find the path specified).
system or XY? i once had a situation where XY didn't show Recycle Bin -it was due to me renaming it "strangly" :)
Hi eil,

No the system and other file managers I have installed can find the recycle bin no problem.

"The system cannot find the path specified" is the error message I get inside XY when I try to access the RB.
The weird thing is that if I delete a file in XY and than undo the operation the file is restored (it was not the case until recent versions of XY).

I also tried Highend script while in the RB broken view and it opens "My Documents" (?).

Weird

highend

Post by highend »

RB = special folder...

In your address bar you'll probably see: "Recycle bin" instead of the real path
X:\$RECYCLE.BIN\

That's the issue the script doesn't behave correctly.

replace

Code: Select all

$path = tab("get", "path");
with

$path = tab("get", "data");
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

eil

Post by eil »

@Steel, try this: type "::snippet" in address-bar and paste code:

Snip: CTB 1

Action
  NewUserButton
Name
  %recycler%
Icon

ScriptL

ScriptR
  "Empty bin"  #642;
  "Bin stats"  #643;

FireClick
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

Steel

Post by Steel »

eil wrote:@Steel, try this: type "::snippet" in address-bar and paste code:

Snip: CTB 1

Action
  NewUserButton
Name
  %recycler%
Icon

ScriptL

ScriptR
  "Empty bin"  #642;
  "Bin stats"  #643;

FireClick
Hi eil thanks for the help.

OK before I understood what was supposed to happen I created about a dozen new RB buttons :D

Anyway when I click on them I get the same error message.

eil

Post by eil »

Steel wrote:Anyway when I click on them I get the same error message.
i give up. :( try to check it with "clean XY"(copy only XY and XYcopy files to some folder and launch) and if it happens there too, then most probably there something in your system..

Steel

Post by Steel »

eil wrote:
Steel wrote:Anyway when I click on them I get the same error message.
i give up. :( try to check it with "clean XY"(copy only XY and XYcopy files to some folder and launch) and if it happens there too, then most probably there something in your system..
Hi eil,

I am sorry but I don't understand what you want me to try: do you mind rephrasing it?

As for my system if there was something wrong I think the problem should happen in other file managers and Windows Explorer too.

Thank you

eil

Post by eil »

try to copy only XY.exe and XYcopy.exe to some other folder and launch those there.
well, you see once i had a situation- i renamed "Recycle bin" to ","(yeah, comma) and as a result XY didn't save it in tree = maybe there is some similar thing in your situation, denying XY to get access to RB normally.(maybe some 3d party soft)

Steel

Post by Steel »

eil wrote:try to copy only XY.exe and XYcopy.exe to some other folder and launch those there.
well, you see once i had a situation- i renamed "Recycle bin" to ","(yeah, comma) and as a result XY didn't save it in tree = maybe there is some similar thing in your situation, denying XY to get access to RB normally.(maybe some 3d party soft)
Hello Eil,

I tried your suggestion but i get an error message that it says "XY cannot run as a standalone".

I don't think I changed anything regarding the RB.
The only thing I did is move the default folders (Documents, Music etc.) on a Data partition but I doubt that should be a problem as the system finds them correctly.

Thank you

Steel

Post by Steel »

highend wrote:RB = special folder...

In your address bar you'll probably see: "Recycle bin" instead of the real path
X:\$RECYCLE.BIN\

That's the issue the script doesn't behave correctly.

replace

$path = tab("get", "path");
with

$path = tab("get", "data");
Hello Highend,

Sorry I completely missed your post.

I did try your second script too but it doesn't work either probably due to the same problems that don't let me see the recycle bin inside XY.

Oh well hopefully it will get fixed with the x64 version.

Thank you anyway.

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

@Steel: Looking back in this thread, I don't think you were successful in running XYplorer with a clean profile. Does this official FAQ make the steps clearer?

From your description, it sounds like you tried to run XYcopy.exe instead of XYplorer.exe, which indeed can't be run standalone: its sole mission currently is to support background processing.

FWIW, and I know this doesn't help you at the moment, I'm running XYplorer on Windows 7 x64 SP1 with full access to the Recycle Bin and XYplorer's Undo, so it is possible. It would help with understanding your problem, if you could report whether XYplorer still can't use the Recycle Bin when running with a clean profile.

Steel

Post by Steel »

nas8e9 wrote:@Steel: Looking back in this thread, I don't think you were successful in running XYplorer with a clean profile. Does this official FAQ make the steps clearer?

From your description, it sounds like you tried to run XYcopy.exe instead of XYplorer.exe, which indeed can't be run standalone: its sole mission currently is to support background processing.

FWIW, and I know this doesn't help you at the moment, I'm running XYplorer on Windows 7 x64 SP1 with full access to the Recycle Bin and XYplorer's Undo, so it is possible. It would help with understanding your problem, if you could report whether XYplorer still can't use the Recycle Bin when running with a clean profile.
Hi nas8e9 thank you for the help.

I am quite positive I tried to run both exe but I tried again with xyplorer.exe and this time it launched the application.
Unfortunately even with the clean profile my XY still cannot locate the Recycle Bin.

sh4un

Post by sh4un »

I'd just like to say that I'm hoping for a 64bit version within the next 2 years, because using the sysnative trick/folder is very limited.
I chose to use 64bit Windows in order to be able to use more RAM - because I do a lot of media work, and 4GB is just not enough for multitasking with huge applications, and I need a good file manager to keep me sane when dealing with files.

Isn't 64bit the future anyway? Couldn't the developer remake a 64bit version in a different language like C++ or etc.? Not very likely but it's a possibility. A 64bit compiler for Visual Basic would be pretty neat though, and greatly appreciated and utilized I'd imagine.
XYplorer LLP