Comment column?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
pjbw

Comment column?

Post by pjbw »

As an ex PowerDesk user I am used to adding comments to file and folder rows.
I have created my Comment columns but it is very tedious to go through the Favourites menu each time to add a comment but I cannot see in Help how to add a toolbar icon or a keyboard shortcut. I am sure it is there somewhere but I cannot find it,
Help!

serendipity

Re: Comment column?

Post by serendipity »

pjbw wrote:As an ex PowerDesk user I am used to adding comments to file and folder rows.
I have created my Comment columns but it is very tedious to go through the Favourites menu each time to add a comment but I cannot see in Help how to add a toolbar icon or a keyboard shortcut. I am sure it is there somewhere but I cannot find it,
Help!
Keyboard shortcut would be: goto menu "Tools > Customize Keyboard Shortcuts (CKS) > category: Favorites > Comment..." Assign your shortcut here.
In the CKS window you'll also see the command ID for comment: #880
You can type this ID directly in address bar like: ::#880. which will give you the same comment window as you see in favorites or use it in catalog or as an user button in Toolbar.

And probably you know this already: XY comment is not the same as windows comment.

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

pjbw wrote:As an ex PowerDesk user I am used to adding comments to file and folder rows.
Help!
By right-clicking the Comment column, you get a context menu with the ability to edit the comment among other options. As for toolbar icons, there doesn't seem to be a built-in one for adding or editing comments. It would however be possible to add a custom button with a script that would accomplish this. Finally, it is possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to the Comments-dialog through Tools > Customize Keyboard Shortcuts.

Please note that XYplorer's Labels, Tags, Comments-function uses a XYplorer-specific system rather than the Alternate Data Stream-feature of NTFS that some other file managers use (I'm not familiar with PowerDesk, so don't know what it uses). For more information, please see the Labels, Tags, Comments-topic in XYplorer's help file.

pjbw

Post by pjbw »

By right-clicking [in] the comment column, you get a context menu with the ability to edit the comment among other options

Too soon after Christmas for me! I was right-clicking 'Comment' at the top of the comment column without success.