Copy old list entries into List Management

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
RalphM

Copy old list entries into List Management

Post by RalphM »

Maybe I missed it.
Is there a way to move the "old" entries of lists that were created before the launch of List Management to the new LM lists?
e.g. the entries of "move/copy/backup to".
I could find the "new" LM entries in the config file, but not the "old" ones - strange.

Thanks for your help.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Copy old list entries into List Management

Post by admin »

RalphM wrote:Maybe I missed it.
Is there a way to move the "old" entries of lists that were created before the launch of List Management to the new LM lists?
e.g. the entries of "move/copy/backup to".
I could find the "new" LM entries in the config file, but not the "old" ones - strange.
"old" entries? If they exist in the INI they should appear in the app & LM, if not then not. LM is just an interface to manage those data. It did not add anything new to the data structure itself.
I guess I did not get what you mean.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

admin wrote:"old" entries? If they exist in the INI they should appear in the app & LM, if not then not. LM is just an interface to manage those data. It did not add anything new to the data structure itself.
I guess I did not get what you mean.
e.g. "Move to" destinations are added to the list whenever you use a new path & I have about 10 entries in that list, but if I open it in LM the list's empty. If I add a new path in LM and open the menu again, there are the initial 10 entries, a separator line and then the new entry....

Hope this helps to explain it.
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

RalphM wrote:Hope this helps to explain it.
Yes, but I cannot reproduce it. Can anybody else?

John Bee

Post by John Bee »

admin wrote:
Hi;

I think I know what RalphM is talking about. If you look at, Move or Copy or BackupTo lists, you will see that they look like two lists separated by a dividing line. What is shown in the list management is only the entries from the lower part of that list.

Edit: when you right click on a file or folder and select Move/Copy/BackupTo that is.

John

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

John Bee wrote:
admin wrote:
Hi;

I think I know what RalphM is talking about. If you look at, Move or Copy or BackupTo lists, you will see that they look like two lists separated by a dividing line. What is shown in the list management is only the entries from the lower part of that list.

Edit: when you right click on a file or folder and select Move/Copy/BackupTo that is.

John
The upper part is identical to the Favorite Folders list.

John Bee

Post by John Bee »

[The upper part is identical to the Favorite Folders list.[/quote]

Ya, I forgot to put that part in my last message. So to edit the top part, you go to the List Management for Fav Folders.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

John Bee wrote:The upper part is identical to the Favorite Folders list
Ya, I forgot to put that part in my last message. So to edit the top part, you go to the List Management for Fav Folders.
So my guess was right - I missed it.
Once you know it, it sure makes sense, but it might be a bit confusing for newbies and there's no hint to be found in the help either!

Thx anyway

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

RalphM wrote:
John Bee wrote:The upper part is identical to the Favorite Folders list
So my guess was right - I missed it.
Once you know it, it sure makes sense, but it might be a bit confusing for newbies and there's no hint to be found in the help either!
Wasn't it you who suggested having the favorites here?? :wink:

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

admin wrote:Wasn't it you who suggested having the favorites here?? :wink:
Yep, busted.
But to my excuse, it was some 8 months ago and so much changed since then.
Well maybe it would be a nice addition to name the favorites there somehow. Either put them in a submenu or add a descriptive line above them?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

RalphM wrote:
admin wrote:Wasn't it you who suggested having the favorites here?? :wink:
Yep, busted.
But to my excuse, it was some 8 months ago and so much changed since then.
Well maybe it would be a nice addition to name the favorites there somehow. Either put them in a submenu or add a descriptive line above them?
Submenu would also make its height smaller: good. But many menu levels...: bad. Undecided...