How to move a category to a different catalog

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Minimax

How to move a category to a different catalog

Post by Minimax »

Hello

What is the most efficient way to move one category from one catalog to a different one? I am using v9.90.

Thanks in advance.

admin
Site Admin

Re: How to move a category to a different catalog

Post by admin »

Currently not possible. Import/Export functions for categories are on my list.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I added Import/Export functions to the latest BETA v9.90.0504. It was long overdue. :)

Hyperplane

Post by Hyperplane »

Thanks for considering this. It will make using catalogs more manageable. :)
Also known as Minimax

tomuser

Post by tomuser »

Is there any command which I could use with custom button for changing between different catalogs? There are already too many needed categories and items in my catalogs and it's taking too much space from tree. And because catalog categories don't have auto-collapse feature then using buttons for changing between catalogs would be useful. And when using Win7 which has very dumb feature taking more vertical space in lists/menus (and still keeping font size same) it would be even more useful.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tomuser wrote:Is there any command which I could use with custom button for changing between different catalogs? There are already too many needed categories and items in my catalogs and it's taking too much space from tree. And because catalog categories don't have auto-collapse feature then using buttons for changing between catalogs would be useful. And when using Win7 which has very dumb feature taking more vertical space in lists/menus (and still keeping font size same) it would be even more useful.
Yes, scripting command catalogload.

Also the "Show Catalog" toolbar button has a context menu with the last 8 Catalogs for quick swapping.

tomuser

Post by tomuser »

Thanks. Will try some.

Regarding open post request I'd go little bit advanced and requesting copy/paste function for categories/items from one catalog to another. Sometimes I need to reorganise things. This would make it much easier.

Also Import catalog doesn't work (or I just cannot make it work). When catalog is opened and trying to import another I'll get only empty category placeholders. Noting more. (build 505)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tomuser wrote:Thanks. Will try some.

Regarding open post request I'd go little bit advanced and requesting copy/paste function for categories/items from one catalog to another. Sometimes I need to reorganise things. This would make it much easier.

Also Import catalog doesn't work (or I just cannot make it work). When catalog is opened and trying to import another I'll get only empty category placeholders. Noting more. (build 505)
Using the clipboard for this is not easy. Maybe later.

Does not work?? :shock: Did you try to import other catalogs? There might be some corruption. I would be interested to get the catalog that you cannot import.

tomuser

Post by tomuser »

I tried with own catalogs and also tried to import default catalog. Nothing. Check your PM.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tomuser wrote:I tried with own catalogs and also tried to import default catalog. Nothing. Check your PM.
OK, issue confirmed!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Got it, fixed in next version.

tomuser

Post by tomuser »

Thanks (y)

Edit: and now it works for me too.

But still there should something to do with leftovers what are staying inside catalog file itself when categories and items are deleted (and what I told to Don in PM investigating empty placeholders issue).