How to limit tab to one folder

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
bpalmer

How to limit tab to one folder

Post by bpalmer »

Hello, sorry if this is a very newbie question. I want to have XY open with various tabs that are limited for simplicity to a folder and it's subfolders but no parent folders. I know how to save the configuration once I get there, but how can I show in the left folder tree pane one folder and not it's parent folders? Thanks for any help.

Bruce

nas8e9

Re: How to limit tab to one folder

Post by nas8e9 »

bpalmer wrote:Hello, sorry if this is a very newbie question. I want to have XY open with various tabs that are limited for simplicity to a folder and it's subfolders but no parent folders. I know how to save the configuration once I get there, but how can I show in the left folder tree pane one folder and not it's parent folders? Thanks for any help.

Bruce
I'd look at Mini Tree and Lock Tree in XYplorer's help file.

bpalmer

Post by bpalmer »

Thanks much for the fast reply. I will work on your suggestion. It seems that mini tree is global, where as I was hoping to have a mini tree specific to each tab. I'll keep working - Thanks again

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

bpalmer wrote:Hello, sorry if this is a very newbie question. I want to have XY open with various tabs that are limited for simplicity to a folder and it's subfolders but no parent folders. I know how to save the configuration once I get there, but how can I show in the left folder tree pane one folder and not it's parent folders? Thanks for any help.

Bruce
Hi,
As far as I know, it is not possible to hide the parent folder and show the child folder. For what you are trying to achieve catalog would be the best option, you can have any folder you want on the left pane and have any number of catalogs.