TAFKAX

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
admin
Site Admin

Re: TAFKAX

Post by admin »

Jibz wrote:
admin wrote:
Jibz wrote:Getting tired of this game yet?
Not at all! It's thrilling. :)
And to think I half expected you to cave in and just call it XYZplorer .. a new dimension in file managing :mrgreen:.
:) No. Please no -plorer, no -commander, I want to break out of this prehistoric paradigm...

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Filorganic
Lucid
ByteTrunk/BitTrunk
Datalithic
Filewide
rawssive (raw+massive)
Everplorer (couldn't resist...)
TeraJumper
ZenicFM
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

admin wrote:
Jibz wrote:
admin wrote:
Jibz wrote:Getting tired of this game yet?
Not at all! It's thrilling. :)
And to think I half expected you to cave in and just call it XYZplorer .. a new dimension in file managing :mrgreen:.
:) No. Please no -plorer, no -commander, I want to break out of this prehistoric paradigm...
Sad to hear - just wanted to say
LexyPlorer for Lessau-XYplorer :cry:
Win11 Pro 223H2 Gerrman

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

TrueFileAssist (www.truefileassist.com available). Three initials may be a bit much; I thought the True File part might appeal, though.

zer0

Post by zer0 »

Taking a tangent off what nas8e9 said: TrueManager (http://www.truemanager.com is available for purchase)
Last edited by zer0 on 04 Oct 2010 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

zer0 wrote:Taking a tangent off what nas8e9 said: TrueManager (http://www.truemanagers.com is available for purchase)
Or TruManager (trumanager.com is available)

zer0

Post by zer0 »

serendipity wrote:Or TruManager (trumanager.com is available)
I have to say that I have never been a fan of such phonetical spelling, it never smelt professionally to me.
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

Jibz

Post by Jibz »

Some non-word idea that somehow still relate:

Repane - repane.com

Metapane - metapane.com

Refiler - refiler.com

Reprolex - reprolex.com

LeptaOrb - leptaorb.com

Laseus - laseus.com

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jibz wrote:Some non-word idea that somehow still relate:

Repane - repane.com

Metapane - metapane.com

Refiler - refiler.com

Reprolex - reprolex.com

LeptaOrb - leptaorb.com

Laseus - laseus.com
What does an english speaker think when he reads "refiler" ? And generally, what is a "filer"?

And what is a LeptaOrb?! :lol:

Jibz

Post by Jibz »

admin wrote:What does an english speaker think when he reads "refiler" ? And generally, what is a "filer"?
A 'filer' is "a clerk who is employed to maintain the files of an organization".

'Filing' in this context is "placing in a container for keeping records".

So my association from this word was someone or something that reassigns records/files to their right place.

Filing can also mean "entering of a legal document into the public record" (filing a complaint etc.) In that context, the filer is the person doing it.
admin wrote:And what is a LeptaOrb?! :lol:
A lepton is an elementary particle, lepta is plural. So think of an orb filled with them. Not particularly related to file managing, but it is an anagram of portable :wink:.

Disclaimer: I am not a native English speaker, although my English is usually fairly good.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jibz wrote:
admin wrote:What does an english speaker think when he reads "refiler" ? And generally, what is a "filer"?
A 'filer' is "a clerk who is employed to maintain the files of an organization".

'Filing' in this context is "placing in a container for keeping records".

So my association from this word was someone or something that reassigns records/files to their right place.

Filing can also mean "entering of a legal document into the public record" (filing a complaint etc.) In that context, the filer is the person doing it.
admin wrote:And what is a LeptaOrb?! :lol:
A lepton is an elementary particle, lepta is plural. So think of an orb filled with them. Not particularly related to file managing, but it is an anagram of portable :wink:.

Disclaimer: I am not a native English speaker, although my English is usually fairly good.
Thanks, not bad. :)

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

For what it's worth...

Lepta was also the smallest Ancient Greek coin (1/100 of a drachma I think).

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

SharpString/SharpManager
ImpressiveFM
datAsset
Filexceed
All About Files
Filecentric
Filecradle
Filetery
Filecot
Fileswinger

And now for something completely different...
The Coolest FM on Earth (COOFME? COFMOE?)
Sacrifiles
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

PeterH wrote:
admin wrote: :) No. Please no -plorer, no -commander, I want to break out of this prehistoric paradigm...
Sad to hear - just wanted to say
LexyPlorer for Lessau-XYplorer :cry:
I agree with the "sad to hear" as the -plorer suffix makes it quite obvious as to what type of procuct it is...plus by adding a prefix like "Le" to existing would definitely help in SEO as it ties the new name back to the old and there are plenty of places on Net where old name will still remain for many years to come and anyone finding XYplorer and searching for it would more likely find the new name if it were a variant than a complete replacement.

And thus, I'd still suggest a variant of above scheme: DoxyPlorer from "Don" + XY.

BTW, so far, none of the total new names have struck me as being that outstanding on first glance...
Last edited by j_c_hallgren on 04 Oct 2010 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

DoFiMa
Don's File Manager
DoFiMa.com available.

KoFiMan
Koeln File Manager
KoFiMan.com available

Sounds like coffee (addictive). Makes coffee too! :D