Tab control options avail via right-click on tab title bar

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Tab control options avail via right-click on tab title bar

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Just posting this in case someone else is like me...

I didn't realize for over a week that I can get to tab controls (new/rename/lock/close,etc) via a right-click on tab title bar!

I was going to View->Tabs->whatever which slowed me down and was a bit of an irritation.

Maybe at some point this minor fact will make it into docs...till then, here's that tip!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tab control options avail via right-click on tab title b

Post by admin »

I believe this is standard for all tabbed applications, so I did not care to mention. You proved me wrong, so thanks for mentioning it!

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Seems to me there is not that much standard these days :?
Plus, each application has its own features/quirks, and my run-ins with tabbed app's has been very subject to that issue...

I'd add a short blurb about this in Help "Tabbed Browsing" near the "The tab-related commands are found in menu View/BrowsingTabs." sentence, saying that those cmds are also avail via right-click on tab title bar or similar.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:Seems to me there is not that much standard these days :?
Plus, each application has its own features/quirks, and my run-ins with tabbed app's has been very subject to that issue...

I'd add a short blurb about this in Help "Tabbed Browsing" near the "The tab-related commands are found in menu View/BrowsingTabs." sentence, saying that those cmds are also avail via right-click on tab title bar or similar.
I have done exactly this 10 minutes ago! :)
"The tab-related commands are found in menu View/BrowsingTabs and in the context menu of the tab headers."
PS: you entered the top ten of posters in less than 3 weeks (if only by not understanding the meaning of the SR tab :P )! Congrats! :)