Dont lose focus of the selected files when switching tabs

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
surrender

Dont lose focus of the selected files when switching tabs

Post by surrender »

Hi,

I Love this program, have been using it since i found it some 2 months back. Just two problems though.

Problem #1)

Is it possibe to still keep the focus of the files i have selected in one tab and then click on other tabs and come back to the original tab to still find the selected files in place without losing focus? to make it more clear one example:

i have two tabs, tab1 and tab2. i select some files in tab1 and then click on tab2 and come back to tab1. i lose the focus from the selected files on tab1. i have to re-select them. can this be fixed??

Problem #2)

presently i can select different files by holding ctrl and clicking them one by one. but i cannot select files by making a transparent rectangle by holding the left click and dragging for different parts of folder. example: i have 10 files in a folder and i want to select the first 3 and the last 3 files. presently i can do it by holding ctrl key and clicking the first 3 one by one and the last 3 one by one. instead of this slow way of selecting i want to just hold ctrl key and do a left mouse click hold and drag over (to make a trasparent rectangle) first 3 files and again over last 3 files. this way all 6 files are hilited quickly (this is possible in explorer). can you make it possible in XYplorer too??

(i hope i havent made it too confusing)

thanks in advance.

i surrender

admin
Site Admin

Re: Dont lose focus of the selected files when switching tab

Post by admin »

Problem #1) has been discussed elsewhere several times. In short: I do plan to do it, but I'm not done with the necessary meditations yet :wink:

Problem #2): true, it's not possible with drag-selection, but there is another fast way using the keyboard:
Hold Ctrl to select the beginning of a non-first range
Hold Ctrl+Shift to select the end of a non-first range

surrender

Post by surrender »

Hi,

Thanks a lot for that little tip on problem 2. works fine. Waiting to hear the solution for the problem 1. and thanks a billion for this wonderful program, its many many times better than explorer. keep up the good job. echt cool oder??

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:echt cool oder??
Aber hallo!! Gruß aus Köln :D

surrender

Post by surrender »

admin wrote:Problem #1) has been discussed elsewhere several times. In short: I do plan to do it, but I'm not done with the necessary meditations yet :wink:
Just reminding of the focus problem while switching tabs. Do you think its possible or it is worth forgetting??

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:
admin wrote:Problem #1) has been discussed elsewhere several times. In short: I do plan to do it, but I'm not done with the necessary meditations yet :wink:
Just reminding of the focus problem while switching tabs. Do you think its possible or it is worth forgetting??
It's actually a selection (not focus) problem, and it's not worth forgetting. It's worth waiting for.

surrender

Post by surrender »

admin wrote:It's worth waiting for.
If you say so, I will. :wink:

surrender

Post by surrender »

This is awesome, finally the wait paid off. Thanks for the remember selection feature. :D