Column header does not refresh

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
eMule

Column header does not refresh

Post by eMule »

When I sort by a different column or switch to a different view, the column headers get smudged, like in the picture below where the arrow points:

I searched the forums and could not find anything relevent. Any solution?

I am running XYPlorer Home on Vista x64.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Column header does not refresh

Post by admin »

Strange, how do you this?

ugus

Post by ugus »

I have experienced the same thing some months ago when I tested XYplorer on Vista.
I think I solved it by replacing the XYplorer.ini-file by a new fresh one...

eMule

Post by eMule »

Oh, I assumed it is a known problem :!:

Admin, this has happened ever since I first installed XYPlorer. Also, I can "erase" the left over marks by moving the mouse pointer back and forth on the column header, like in this video I uploaded:

http://rapidshare.com/files/313782330/XYPlorer.avi

Ugus, I tried reinstalling XYPlorer, ofcourse after uninstalling first. The problem does not go away.

longman

Post by longman »

i`m have the same problem on Windows 7 Home Premium. On Windows XP SP3 all good. situation is almost look like user eMule have described and showed in video.

p.s. sorry for maybe not very good english

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

longman wrote:i`m have the same problem on Windows 7 Home Premium. On Windows XP SP3 all good. situation is almost look like user eMule have described and showed in video.

p.s. sorry for maybe not very good english
Apparently the theme backgrounds of the column headers are not drawn. No idea why this is the case with a few users. Are you using any third party themes?

longman

Post by longman »

mmmm.. now i`m at the work, in evening i will try other themes, which includes in my install package of Windows.. one what i remember now that is my current theme has Aero effects.. maybe problem in that?

on monday will come here to answer you! thanks:)

longman

Post by longman »

Hi! my problem is gone out) i came home and run XYplorer and try to sort columns --> names of them became damaged.. then i changed theme of Windows 7 to classical theme without Aero effects.. restart XYplorer aaaaand BINGO)) problem is out!

p.s. don`t know in what main problem of this column names damaging), but it repaired))
what dou you think about it? thanks, admin..

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

longman wrote:Hi! my problem is gone out) i came home and run XYplorer and try to sort columns --> names of them became damaged.. then i changed theme of Windows 7 to classical theme without Aero effects.. restart XYplorer aaaaand BINGO)) problem is out!

p.s. don`t know in what main problem of this column names damaging), but it repaired))
what dou you think about it? thanks, admin..
So if you enable Aero effects the column headers don't draw correctly? This still would need an explanation since it works well on other users' systems.

longman

Post by longman »

admin wrote:So if you enable Aero effects the column headers don't draw correctly?
after column headers became draw corectly i return back theme with Aero effects.. and all good even with that effects.. :) mistery))

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

longman wrote:
admin wrote:So if you enable Aero effects the column headers don't draw correctly?
after column headers became draw corectly i return back theme with Aero effects.. and all good even with that effects.. :) mistery))
Ah, that's what I hoped! :D So some Windows update or configuration was not complete, and now it is complete. Good.