Junctions

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
tryforsure

Junctions

Post by tryforsure »

The new context menu, for junctions, is an excellent feature that saves me a lot of typing on the command line, and I hadn't
realised I need this feature till it's implementation, thanks.

However, is there a way I could colour specific junction points in the list, or even a a comment field describing the link as a junction?

Sorry if it's obvious, as I only briefly scanned through the options.

Thanks

jacky
XYwiki Master

Re: Junctions

Post by jacky »

tryforsure wrote:However, is there a way I could colour specific junction points in the list, or even a a comment field describing the link as a junction?
hmm you mean one specific junction (i.e. one folder only), or all (each & every) junctions? For the later: Configuration - Color Filters, simply use /J (for junction, it's an attribute pattern) as your filter, and set whatever color you want. For the former, you can set a tag and/or a comment (see menu Favorites) to any item you want, and both Tag & Comments can have their own column on List (Tags can also be shown with an extra column, see Configuration - Tags).
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

tryforsure

Re: Junctions

Post by tryforsure »

jacky wrote:
tryforsure wrote:However, is there a way I could colour specific junction points in the list, or even a a comment field describing the link as a junction?
hmm you mean one specific junction (i.e. one folder only), or all (each & every) junctions? For the later: Configuration - Color Filters, simply use /J (for junction, it's an attribute pattern) as your filter, and set whatever color you want. For the former, you can set a tag and/or a comment (see menu Favorites) to any item you want, and both Tag & Comments can have their own column on List (Tags can also be shown with an extra column, see Configuration - Tags).
Excellent, that is exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you.