Two questions

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
mpt23px02

Two questions

Post by mpt23px02 »

1. On the Copy To option in the right click menu in the listview, is there ever any difference in the behaviour of the "..." option and the "Browse for Copy Destination..." option? (Similarly for the Move and Backup options). So far they seem to work exactly the same.

2. When entering anything into a blank search field I notice that the checkbox to include that criterion in the search is automatically ticked; however, if I then remove all entries from a given search tab then the checkbox is not automatically unticked. Is this intended or do you think it could be better to clear the checkbox again?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Two questions

Post by admin »

mpt23px02 wrote:1. On the Copy To option in the right click menu in the listview, is there ever any difference in the behaviour of the "..." option and the "Browse for Copy Destination..." option? (Similarly for the Move and Backup options). So far they seem to work exactly the same.
Exactly. It's a bit confusing, you're right.
mpt23px02 wrote:2. When entering anything into a blank search field I notice that the checkbox to include that criterion in the search is automatically ticked; however, if I then remove all entries from a given search tab then the checkbox is not automatically unticked. Is this intended or do you think it could be better to clear the checkbox again?
No, making a search with all entries blank can be a meaningful thing, esp. since we have visual filters: the search is then a quick way to see all files.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Two questions

Post by admin »

admin wrote:
mpt23px02 wrote:1. On the Copy To option in the right click menu in the listview, is there ever any difference in the behaviour of the "..." option and the "Browse for Copy Destination..." option? (Similarly for the Move and Backup options). So far they seem to work exactly the same.
Exactly. It's a bit confusing, you're right.
Fixed it. (4.20.0042)