Do you think the prof license is too expensive?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...

What would be the optimal price for the prof license?

20 Euro
27%
25 Euro
45%
30 Euro
18%
35 Euro
No votes
40 Euro
9%
45 Euro
No votes
50 Euro
No votes
55 Euro
No votes
60 Euro
No votes

Total votes: 11

Creat

Post by Creat »

admin wrote:So, I'm grateful for any tips with regard to optimization of user-friendlyness... and be it only power-user-friendlyness :wink:
see that's the problem... I think it is already pretty power-user friendly, but in most cases power-user-friendlyness contraticts general user-friendlyness, nothing can be done about that...

Also to 'normal' users XYplorer is no improvement since they only use those features that mimic Windows Explorer, so they might as well stick with it.

Another note: the auto-notice from the forum-watch that a reply has been posted still links to trackerv3.com and are of course no longer working :)

Bye
Creat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Creat wrote:Another note: the auto-notice from the forum-watch that a reply has been posted still links to trackerv3.com and are of course no longer working :)
Really? Not here... :?

CyGho

Post by CyGho »

Creat wrote:Another note: the auto-notice from the forum-watch that a reply has been posted still links to trackerv3.com and are of course no longer working :)
Not here either.
Software: should we be aware because it's soft ? I like to think not !

Creat

Post by Creat »

yup not anymore, might just have been an older one I just hadn't yet visited, sorry

bye
Creat

CyGho

Post by CyGho »

Just curios, are there more buyers now the price is lower then before?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

CyGho wrote:Just curios, are there more buyers now the price is lower then before?
It's too early to say. But for sure it did not create a stampede...

raj

Post by raj »

I dont reall understand why anyone would want to purchase-it is a good program but there are tons of similar applications that are freeware already-I thank you for the personal use and I am not trying to be a smart alec but this program gives me a headache , does someone get a years supply of asprin with the purchase??? <grin>

CyGho

Post by CyGho »

raj wrote:I dont reall understand why anyone would want to purchase-it is a good program but there are tons of similar applications that are freeware already-I thank you for the personal use and I am not trying to be a smart alec but this program gives me a headache , does someone get a years supply of asprin with the purchase??? <grin>
Well, there are freeware filemanagers but simular like XYplorer? Mwah, i did test a lot of them and find XYplorer one of the better managers. But you can use it for free, you don't have to pay.
Besides that, i think that donations or buying a license is a good reward for developers to give something back for all the work they do. Specially developers who respond as quickly as Donald.

m2gdh

Post by m2gdh »

Grus aus England

I RARELY buy any shareware as I can normally find freeware that does the job and you can swap as other more suitable programs are developed.

Howeevr I decided [ conscience] that I would make a xmas donation to all the developers whose s/w I use all the time.

In response to your query here are my thoughts re pricing and why people buy:

The full version has ESSENTIAL functionality missing from the free version. [ especially if you want corporate sales]

The program is so much better than anything else - i.e it makes your life so much easier or you just can't live without it [ Treepad for example see here http://www.reepad.com ]

The price is easily affordable AND free upgrades [preferably for life]
For me £15 is a good guide [ whatever that is in Euros ! spit !]

contact with the author AND real SUPPORT

[ in the PAID version ? ] the author incorporates suggestions from users - even if he doesn't always want them himself.

Lastly - Conscience ! - but I doubt this will get you many sales

Frage: If you keep giving the goodies away for free where is the reason to buy - other than moral / ethical reasons :-D

As I said I was going to donate - but I would have HAD to anyway because I see I can at last configure the toobar BUT only save it in the paid version. This has been top of my wish list for ever. [ I will be adding a post on the wishes forum later :-D ]

Hope this helps.

Donald: [ appologies the German is a bit rusty !]

Uebrigens, als ich in Koelle jewohnt habe [ fast 20 jahre her schon javascript:emoticon(':cry:') ] wohnte ich auf der Haselbergstr. Es ist mir endlich einjefallen dat ich die Moltgestr. kenne weil die die Haltestelle vor der Univeritaetesr war. Ist dat dinge Molgestr oder eine andere ?

Wie jesaat - habe ich jestern bezahlt, also "trink doch eine mit " am liebsten am Goldene Kappes javascript:emoticon(':D')

maach et joot

Graham

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

m2gdh wrote:If you keep giving the goodies away for free where is the reason to buy - other than moral / ethical reasons
The problem is this: in the very moment I stop giving it away for free I'll be cracked by our russian and chinese friends, and cracks and serial numbers will flood the internet. I experienced this for years. So I went the freeware+morals way, for about 2 years now. The result (as you will have guessed): does not work either! :roll: You named the reasons. Lowering the price recently did not make a notable difference. No chance: too few morals and too many russians! :lol:
m2gdh wrote:Uebrigens, als ich in Koelle jewohnt habe...
Dinge Koelsch es esch joot, jung! :D Jo, Moltke/Uni, dat es minge Stroß!

Tnx for paying my Koelsch beer, Prost und "maach et joot" to you too!