How To Remove Many Excluded Folders At Once?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
frew

How To Remove Many Excluded Folders At Once?

Post by frew »

Hello,

Sorry if this is too many questions in a row.

I'm wondering though,

Often I intentionally open TV4 to use a find template with tons of exclude folders in the exclude folders add/remove area.

If I have, for example, 35 paths in the exclude folders add/remove area, I may want to keep say 15 of the paths, but remove say 20 of the paths there.

I wish I could quickly get rid of a bunch of the folder paths in the Exclude folders add/remove area, ie without having to remove them one at a time.

A Ctrl-Select would be nice there to grab a bunch at a time and click remove to get rid of a whole batch at a time, rather than having to remove them one by one.

Thank you for any ideas about this,

Frew

admin
Site Admin

Re: How To Remove Many Excluded Folders At Once?

Post by admin »

frew wrote:A Ctrl-Select would be nice there to grab a bunch at a time and click remove to get rid of a whole batch at a time, rather than having to remove them one by one.
It's on my list. :)

frew

Post by frew »

Okay, thank you.

By the way, Shift-select to select a whole batch theere at a time would be great too...but I'm sure that's what you are intending also.

Thank you very much for your wonderful help.

Frew

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Find all kinds of multi-selection in v4.20.0021 :D

frew

Post by frew »

Wow, you are truly amazing.

Thank you very much.

Now if I could just right click on the paths I selected in the exclude folders area and see option to copy, then be able to start another find template, go into the exclude folders area and right click and select paste, how nice this would be.

Because then I could, in a certain find template, grab a bunch of folders that I may often exclude and quickly copy and paste some of them into another find template variation, without having to go and hunt down all the folders one by one in the tree structure again.

Thank you for considering this also,

Frew

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

frew wrote:Because then I could, in a certain find template, grab a bunch of folders that I may often exclude and quickly copy and paste some of them into another find template variation, without having to go and hunt down all the folders one by one in the tree structure again.
Talking of templates - so why not use 'em?
Once you got your list of exclude folders together, save it as a find template and load it into any SR tab you like...
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

frew

Post by frew »

That's true, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to say open one template, grab some of it's excluded folders, open another template, grab some of it's exclude folders also, then copy all these into the exclude folders area of another template I'm building.

Would be nice to be able to copy/cut/paste from and to exclude folders area...we probably would find some interesting uses for this.

Anthing to save time hunting through deeply nested (I think that's what it's called) folder structures when we want to build exclude folder groupings.

Perhaps I could modify a text file of some sort to build exclude folder lists...I'm not sure about how to do that though.

Thank you,

Frew

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No plans to fulfill this copy/paste wish.

But all files in app.path\FindTemplates\ you find your exclude data, for example:

[ExcludeFolders]
Count=2
ExcludePath0=:\Recycled\
ExcludePath1=E:\VB-Don\TestFiles-HugeDirs\

frew

Post by frew »

Okay,

Thank you very much,

frew